Tuesday, January 16, 2018

OWL have some fun . . .

today, playing in the new challenge Darnell just started called


The idea is to make two completely different cards for different occasions using the exact same stamp or die.  Sound like fun???  I thought so too!  There are a few specifics, but they are easy and the rules are clearly stated.  The one rule I found interesting is we are to include both cards in one photograph!  So, here we go . . .


The theme for this first challenge is FEATHERS.
And yes, it's okay if the feathers are 'attached' to a bird, or in my case, an OWL!  LOL
As long as the same stamp or die is used for both cards.



First I made a birthday card using the Amy Designs 'Wintertide - OWL


I had a scrap of 'sky' designer paper laying in my scrap box so thought that would make a great 'backdrop' for my branch sitting Owl.  I die cut the Impression Obsession 'Songbird Branch' from brown card stock and 'snipped' off the birds to create just the branch for Mr. Owl.  Then I die cut it again in green card stock ... snipped off the leaves and glued them over top the brown leaves.  I've used a Carta Bella embossing folder for my background panel.  I computer generated the sentiment then die cut it using one of the Sue Wilson 'Stitched Flag' dies. A touch of gold & bronze Stickles gave the owl some facial character.


For my second card I created a simple note card ... of course using the same Amy Designs 'Wintertide - OWL.   A scrap of ivy designer paper created the 'woodsy' background I was looking for and a bit of doodling filled in the extra space vs using another layer of matting.



The panel behind my Spectrum Noir colored owl was an extra that was laying on my work table from a previous project that was just begging to showcase Mr. Owl.  It's from the Sue Wilson Canadian Collection - Toronto.   My Hello sentiment is from the Tutti Designs Hello Word Set and the remainder of my sentiment was also computer generated and die cut using the Sue Wilson 'Stitched Flag' dies.

So there you have it ... a fun new challenge and now I have TWO additional cards to add to my stash!  YAY!  Plus it helped get my mojo going.  Can't wait to see what Darnell has up her sleeve next!!  She's such a HOOT!  (pun intended!)

Challenges to share in:
Stinkin' Inkers Challenge - It's a BANNER year
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Birds of a Feather
 CropStop January Challenge - ATG using product carried in their store

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
If it's as cold at your house as it is at mine,
take my advice ... stay inside and craft!
Safer ... Warmer ... and a whole lot more fun!!!  

As always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.