Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Garden Note . . .

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today I have a fun creation using a variety of dies from the Dies R Us Store to create a beautiful 'pot of flowers' to send along to a friend of mine with a few container gardening tips.   The idea for this creation started with the purchase of an Elizabeth Craft 'Garden Notes Potted' die.


I just love the look of an old patina pot so I  thought I'd try to recreate that look on my pot today by using some oxide distress inks and watercolor paper.


After creating my background (patina look) paper, I die cut my pot.  Well I actually was able to die cut THREE pots from this one 4x6 panel!  How much fun is that!  


Now it's time to 'Fill' my container with flowers.  As I said, I've chosen a variety of dies and here is the list of flower dies I used:

 Impression Obsession - Dies - Lily Trio

Impression Obsession - Dies - Lily Of The Valley
As you can see I didn't use the leaves from this die ... only the flowers.

Memory Box - Dies - Glorious Gerber Daisies
(Remember, if Out of Stock, add your name to the Waiting List)





I added a couple little pieces of double sided tape to help hold my flowers in place during arranging.  Once I had all stems where I wanted them, I placed a few more strips of double sided tape to the back of my pot ... die cut another pot from a scrap of white paper and placed it over all the stems on the back to keep them secure.


I used foam tape behind my pot and a few of the flowers to add a little dimension.  It still needed 'something' and luckily I had JUST ENOUGH patina paper left to die cut these pretty Cheery Lynn Designs 'Lace Corner Deco E' corner decorations.  A couple little Nuvo Bronze Crystal Drops where my ivy joined and this card is ready to be mailed!
OH and did I mention I quickly created another oxide ink panel using shades of green that I used to die cut my Frantic Stamper 'Spring Ivy' ivy panels.


Challenges to share in:
A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge #47 - ATG
A Perfect Time to Craft July Challenge - ATG
Crafty Girls Creations Challenge #38 - ATG
Daisy Chain Challenge #10 - Floral
Love to Craft July Challenge - ATG

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . .

13 comments:

  1. A great pot of flowers!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous. Love the colors of the pot. What great dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How creative! I love the white die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those pots are amazing!!! They look so real and I love all the texture. Great design, the die cuts are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which colors of Distress Oxide inks did you use? They made a great patina which I would like to duplicate. Can you list them on your next blog post? thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frann ... if you enlarge the photo (click on the photo) with the inks I have used you can read the names but I will also list them above in my RECIPE. (Pistachio, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Iced Spruce)

      Delete
  6. I love the look of your flower pots. Just got some oxide inks and can't wait to try them out. The white flowers really pop next to the oxide pot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...


    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the most amazing coloring for your pot, Darlene! You bowl me over with your oxide ink skillz. Really. Wow! All that gorgeousness and it's an easy mailer. Bonus! Pssst... glad you liked your happy mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a good 'patina' pot of flowers and your pots are amazing...you are going to convince me to get those oxide inks yet..lol! A very pretty card....dang you have a ton of cool dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing how you did those pots, the colors are just perfect, pretty bouquet too, love those corner treatments you did also!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, love your flowers pots and your flowers! Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    Sherry x
    DT for Love To Craft
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Love To Craft. You nailed recreating the look of a patina pot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene