Thursday, May 18, 2017

Untie the Ribbons . . .

Happy Day All!
Today I have two things to share with you!
First is a card I created this morning to satisfy a couple of challenges that caught my eye!  First is the Butterfly Challenge which requires 'Layers and the color Cream' and secondly the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge asking for a 'bit of sparkle'.  And, here's what I came up with . . .


I love using layers on my creations so the Butterfly Challenge really appealed to me!
A list of all products used will be at the end of this post. 
I was actually able to use up a few 'bits & bobs' that were laying on
my work station from other projects (love when that happens).

Close Up of the Sparkle
A few other challenges to share in:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - ATG + Sentiment
Cards 4 Galz Challenge #47 - Add some texture
The Paper Shelter Challenge #294 - Stitching (faux or real)

SECONDLY ...
If you recall, a few weeks ago my friend Sandy came and stayed
with us for a week in order to attend the annual Adventures in Stamping
convention and do some family / friends visiting.  She moved to N.C. a few
years ago and you know how it is when you get back in the area ... so many things to do & people to see!

Anyways, look what came in the mail for us the other day from Sandy . . .

ISN'T IT GORGEOUS!!!
 I have never made a 'shadow box' card like this but I will be 
using Sandy's gorgeous card as my sample to give it a try!  The details on this
creation are AMAZING and just gorgeous!  Oh yea, and she also included
a gift card to our favorite breakfast joint inside an awesome 
gift card holder within this beautiful card!

AND . . . THIS is the awesome handmade box she
made and mailed my gorgeous card in!  It was a little 'smooshed'
but not bad at all!  She is retired for the USPS so she knows
what will mail and what won't!  I would have been afraid to do this!
THANKS SANDY!!

Well hubby is wanting me to come sit on the deck and enjoy a bite of lunch
so I'd better skadaddle!

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  Cream cs, white cs, DCWV dp, scraps of dp
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles'Frantic Stamper 'Spring Ivy', Elizabeth Craft 'Butterfly Silhouette #704, Butterfly Overlay 1' #705, Sue Wilson 'Shadow Box Collection Lattice Frame'
Accessories:  RRR satin ribbon, Heartfelt Creations stamp/die set, Diamond Stickles, dimensional tape, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.