Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Double D Challenge - Silhouettes

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!

Team Darlene is hosting today and we've come up with a fabulous
theme and mood board.

The theme is:  SILHOUETTES
 

There are so many beautiful silhouette stamps and dies
on the market today and I think it makes for such an impact on a card.


Today I chose to use a new die I purchased at the Dies R Us Store called 'Reading Tree' from Die Versions.
 Die-Versions - Whispers - Reading Tree
As you may have noticed, I modified it a bit by cutting the 'book' out of the little boys hands to make it look as though he is just sitting under the tree 'thinking'.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge!  I look forward to seeing your creations!  If you are not aware, there are badges offered for a Favorite and Top 3 designs which are chosen by the team ... AND ... one random.org pick will receive a prize!  The prize I am offering for this challenge is the sweet Frantic Stamper 'Silhouette Kids' seen here:


 You have to PLAY to WIN ... so what are you waiting for??

For more inspiration be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog and check out what the team has created!  These ladies are amazingly talented!!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Kaiser Craft 'Sweet Nothings' dp
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch, Nuvo black crystal drops


12 comments:

  1. What a sweet silhouette, I adore that image, that tree is amazing! Your background is so pretty reminds me of a pretty sunset, love the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great creation, Darlene! You amaze me with the number of projects you create. Love this die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and perfect sentiment for the dies used.....super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, I love the paper you used for the background, so soft and lovely! Great scene you have made and like how you can have him with the book or not

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful die and card! I used to have a similar stamp and loved it. The paper you chose is dreamily pretty in the background. I'd be sitting under that tree reading. Done that many times under the cherry tree on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, what a sweet card! The background paper is so pretty and the black really pops! Beautiful!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is so stinkin' CUTE!!! I love your sweet little silhouette, and your background is perfect. Great take on the challenge, well done!! You have inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Dar! Love that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the papers you used and the sweet boy sitting under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love your silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene