Monday, October 5, 2015

Crafty Secrets October Challenge & Blog Hop

Hello Everyone!

It's the 1st Monday of a new month and that means a new challenge/blog hop at Crafty Secrets.  Today we are 'Giving Thanks' and the design team has some AMAZING projects to share with you.  So, you'll want to HOP along with us and be AMAZED!  You should have come to my blog from TERESA's blog.  And, if you get lost along the way, here's the Hop Line Up:
Kathy Clement
Ginny Nemchak
Teresa Horner
Darlene Pavlick (me)
Sheila Rumney
Shantaie Fowler
Diane Hover
Michele Kovack

The design team theme this month is:  Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart
Today I decided to create a set of THANK YOU CARDS using digital design paper from the Crafty Secrets Birds & Blooms digi papers and a sentiment from the Crafty Secrets Sing For Joy set.

TUTORIAL on CREATING DIGI CARD FRONTS using MICROSOFT WORD

I used Microsoft Word 10 and the first thing I did after selection a NEW BLANK was change the margins all to ZERO.
Then, from this beautiful collection of designs I chose the one I wanted to use for my card set.  


Next step was to insert the picture file and edit the size to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4".  If you right click on your image, select WRAP, select SQUARE ... you can move your image anywhere on the paper you'd like. 


Now move your A2 size panel into the upper left corner.
Next step is to copy/paste your image ...  grab the 'pasted image' and slide it to the right corner.  You'll PASTE it 2 more times to slide into the other 2 corners ... filling your page as seen below.


Now it's time to print. Once printed, cut into your four A2 size panels.  I was making a set of 8 so I printed mine twice.  Of course if you really like these panels, be sure to SAVE your document file for future printing.

NOW TO ADD A SENTIMENT

Again I open a NEW BLANK file in Microsoft Word.  Modified the page layout size to the size of my decorative panels then began the process of choosing what digital sentiment I might like to use.  I have chosen the Thanks so Much from the Crafty Secrets Sing for Joy digital set.  I positioned the sentiment in an area of my decorative panel that I could see would be open.  I also added the single leaf digi under the sentiment which after printing was colored in with markers.


Lastly I inserted my decorative panels into my printer and printed out my card fronts.
With this method the possibilities are ENDLESS.
Give it a try ...

Remember, you need not follow the theme ... BUT YOU MUST use a Crafty Secrets product to qualify for the winner's prize.  If you don't have any of these fabulous images, papers, etc. from the Crafty Secrets Store yet, there are freebies offered so you can come join in the fun.

Here's my set of cards all ready to make someone smile!
Packaged in a clear box with pretty matching ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store.


Your next stop will be SHEILA.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.