Saturday, August 1, 2015

2 Crafty Girls Challenge



Hello Everyone and Happy August!
Yes can you believe it ... August already!!

Today I have a card to share that was created for the new, 'revamped' challenge blog called 
and I'm lucky enough to have been asked to be a member of their design team!  YAY!  Please pop over and check out this NEW team and what they have to share with you!

Today we have TWO fabulous sponsors!
 Lacy Sunshine Stamps
Our August Sponsors

and


Here is the inspiration board to create from this month.


You can choose 1, 2 or all three as your inspiration!
The fun photo ... the technique ... and/or the sketch!
Today I chose to create using an adorable image from Lacy Sunshine along with the 'Watercolor Pencils' technique and Sketch.
What do you think?


I had a scrap of the beautiful Ken Oliver Watercolor Memories design paper
on my worktable and thought it was PERFECT for what I chose to be 'color' swatches in 
my sketch design.  This cute Lacy Sunshine image has been colored with
Spectrum Noir watercolor pencils and gamsol.  Then fussy cut to be popped up on
my card front.


Though difficult to see in the photo, I have used crystal effect on the
'paint' from the brush to give it a more realistic appearance.
Why is it our cards always look so much better IRL vs on the screen!  LOL!
But, you get the idea.

I kept the inside simple but wanted to add a couple more
color swatches to tie in with the card front!
I'm really happy with the outcome of this card and it
was a lot of fun to create!

Now it's time for you to come join in the fun!
Our challenge runs through AUGUST 31st ... 8 PM EST.
Part of the team is sharing inspiration today and the other half
of the team will share inspiration mid-way through our
monthly challenge!  Please pop over HERE and check it out!

Challenges to share in:
Crafting With Friends Challenge #3 - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge #237 - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack Challenge #99 - Anything Goes

I can't wait to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping by today and have a FABULOUS day!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.