Monday, June 8, 2015

A peek into my life ...

Hello Dear Friends!
Here we are at the start of yet another week ... my goodness but they are going by so quickly!
At the end of my last post I hinted that I had some photos to share that I took walking around our place yesterday morning while it was still cool.  It did get up to the mid 80s but with the breeze it was a very pleasant day and once again we enjoyed our meals out on the deck!

Before taking you on the 'tour' ... I'd like to share a quick card I made the other day after seeing THIS CARD created by Heidi Blankenship over on Sharon Johnson's Blog.



A few challenges to share in:

ATW Exchange - Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sunday - Touch of Vintage
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Something Blue
Craft-Dee Bowz June Challenge - Anything Goes with a Bow





Now, as promised, here's a peek at a piece of my life that makes me happy ... my 'outside world'!
WELCOME to our BACK YARD!

 This is our deck (which hubby designed) and I LOVE sitting out here
enjoying a meal, a cocktail with friends or just quiet time listening to nature.
This year I decided to go with ALL purple petunias and I am LOVIN' how it looks.
As the summer goes on, these pots will 'disappear' and all you will see
is a BALL OF PURPLE!  Going to be so pretty!



Our back picnic area is slowly starting to fill in (and will be gorgeous if I can keep the deer from eating it ... lol).  I've planted impatience around the parameter of the beds and once they fill it the pop of color will be fabulous (I hope! LOL)

I just LOVE our 'picnic' area!  We sometimes refer to it as "Pavlick's Park" ... lol.  We don't have a lot of property but this once overgrown wooded area has become a 10 degree cooler as well a pretty spot to sit and meditate on those scorching hot days of late summer. 
I love watching this area start to fill in come Spring.  With the various green shades from a variety of Hostas as well as other shade loving plants such as Coral Bells, Bleeding Heart, Foam Plant, and newly added last year ... lilac spiderwort from a friend!  So glad to see it thriving.


Well look who came to breakfast!  LOL!
It's the little black squirrel from across the road.  I swear he can hear me fill these feeders!
Our 'resident' squirrels are Gray Squirrels but I have seen a few black squirrels way over on the other side of the road.  Only periodically have I seen them in my yard.  Guess this little guy likes what's offered on our breakfast menu more than what's offered in his 'neck of the woods' ... LOL!

 Well, I think you've probably seen enough pictures for one day.
I have more to share from the front/sides of my house but I will save them for another time.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
I hope your week ahead is FABULOUS!!
As always . . .


Card Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, SU Bayou Blue cs, Ken Oliver 'Watercolored Memories' dp
Stamp/Ink:  Inkadinkado/Versafine Onyx, TH distress ink,
Accessories:  Offray Satin Ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz bow making tool, large sponge dauber, Joanna Sheen 'Isobel Lace Border' die, Spellbinder 'Anemone Flower Topper'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.