Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Playing with ink . . .

Hello Dear Friends!
Today I have a few cards to share that I've created to add to my craft show sale boxes.  I have two shows coming up the end of the month and I want to be sure and have a variety of  cards available.  I have been totally enjoying the ability to work with the many dies I've collected, but today I decided to go back to the basics with ink, paper & stamps.  Please tell me what you think!



First I created a 'template' for my ink sponging by die cutting a rectangle panel in the center of a 4x6 piece of heavier card stock.  I then laid my 'template' over my front panel, linen card stock and sponged with Tim Holtz distress ink.  I left the center portion white for an illusion of a distant light source.  A stamped image from a shade darker Tim Holtz distress ink creates a 'peaceful' scene perfect for sympathy cards.  The floral stamp I have used is from 'Just For Fun'.  A touch of faux stitching or stitched ribbon was all the accent needed.

I have used the same stamp/ink on the inside of my cards ... behind the sentiment.

I hope you like today's card creations.
It's been a little crazy around here lately with several family funerals which required many trips over to Pennsylvania ... but we're getting back on track now and I hope to have the time to get REALLY creative over the next few weeks!  
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.