Wednesday, March 11, 2015

You're in my thoughts . . .

Happy Hump Day Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters and today Lisa is our hostess.
Our theme today is a Photo Inspiration piece ... check it out ...

You can interpret this as YOU see it...
Some of the girls saw the color aspect ... some saw the food aspect ...
We look forward to seeing how YOU interpret this picture!

BUT, before I share my creation with you I wanted to remind you of the DT CALL we have going on at the Sisterhood until March 27th.  We are looking for THREE new Sisters to join the team.  If you are interested, please go HERE for the details.

Okay now to share my interpretation of today's photo inspiration piece.
As for me, I saw the colors ...
(inside)
So that is the direction I took.  
I created my background panels using the following inks and large sponge daubers:
SU Groovy Guava
SU More Mustard
Memento Bamboo Leaves
Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink

I had originally intended on using various matching ribbons to create a bow but then after adding a strip of the guava ribbon down the one side of my front panel, I decided a floral cluster w/ribbons would be better.

For the focus image (Sandra Kuck - Nellie's Vintage), I die cut it with my Spellbinder - Celebration 'Pierced Rectangles' then cut the center panel just a little smaller so there would be a small space in between the two ... then popped up the focus image .

Challenges to share in:
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Flowers and Ribbon
Craft-Dee Bowz March Challenge - Anything Goes w/Bow 

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
 Thanks for stopping by ... as always,

Recipe:
Papers : white cs
Inks: SU Groovy Guava, SU More Mustard, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Exotic Butterflies Small', Memory Box 'Bali Corner' (cut into pieces and placed around floral cluster), Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Spanish Collect Background', Spellbinder 'Pierced Rectangles', Impression Obsession 'Fence Trio'
Accessories:  Large sponge daubers, Wild Orchid Mulberry flowers, Offray satin ribbon, SU grosgrain ribbon, dimensional tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.