Sunday, December 21, 2014

First Day of Winter

Hello Blogging Friends!
ARE YOU READY?
Christmas is only a couple days away!
But before all that fun begins, I like to share a card I made for the fun challenge going on at

Did you know it REALLY IS the First Day of Winter??
Well it is!  And, with that being said, our twist today is .  .  .  USE SNOWFLAKES

Today our sponsor is:
Rick St. Dennis

http://www.zibbet.com/Rick1949

And I've created a fun SNOWY card using his image called 'North Pole Sign'.
To create the background for my card I've simply sponging varies blue shades of Tim Holtz distress ink onto my card front, then attached torn strips of scrap white card stock to create my 'snow banks'.    I've used an old SU snowflake stamp, Diamond Stickles and a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to create my snowy atmosphere.
    By coloring this adorable image then fussy cutting & popping him up ... it appears it's sitting outside in the snow at the North Pole!




I can't wait to see YOUR snowflake creation when you join in the fun at 613 Avenue Create!
Remember our challenge is always ANYTHING GOES with a TWIST ... I hope you'll try the twist ... so much fun and it will get you extra attention!

A few challenges I'd like to share in today are:
Allways Something Creative - Merry Christmas
Animal Friends Challenge - Everything Goes with an Animal
Cards Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft and Smash Challenge - Christmas, Winter, Ice
Lady Bug Crafts Challenge - Baby it's Cold Outside/Merry Christmas


Now I'd better get busy ... I'm sure you're caught up and all ready for Santa!
But, I on the other hand seem to be a bit behind this year!  Hmmmm might have something to do with 'age'!  LOL!  Either way ... time to go!  Catch you later and as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White card stock
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Diamond Stickles, Pop Dots, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, SU snowflake stamp, Tim Holtz Distress Inks (various shades of blue)
Technique:  Torn Paper, Fussy Cutting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.