Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day!

Hello my friends!
Did you know it was World Card Making Day today?


I was very blessed to sell a number of my cards at last week's craft shows so today I'm taking advantage of it being card making day and that's exactly what I'm doing!!!  MAKING CARDS!  And, while doing so, I'm also working ahead on my design team commitments.  Multi-tasking in a sense!  So, I won't be able to share many with you today ... but you'll get a chance to see them all in the week's ahead.  One card I can share with you is the following masculine card that I actually 'tossed together' using items that were laying on my work table.  



I had the panel of design paper (will have to research back to find the mfg) cut for an earlier project but then decided to use something else so I guess you could consider this panel a 'scrap'.  I cut it to size for the background and used the extra to decorate the inside of my card.  

This lovely image came from Pinterest.  I went 'in search of' this morning looking for some images I could use for 'Guy' cards since I am TOTALLY out and have 2 more shows coming up in November.  I've triple matted my image, used the last tidbit of brown gingham ribbon and the gold ribbon bow came off a package that arrived in the mail.  (can't throw anything away ya know!)

For the finishing touch ... I've recently ordered Cheery Lynn Designs dies from Dies R Us that will help 'personalize' my cards.  i.e. Dad, Mom, Brother, Sister, Daughter ... etc.
I thought today's card required a 'DAD' on the front and there you have it!!  
Viola!
One down ... many, many more to go!!

A few challenge to share in today are:
Crafting for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too Challenge - It's A Special Occasion (birthday)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you're having a fabulous Saturday!
BACK TO CARD MAKING!!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.