Saturday, August 16, 2014

Quick Treat Pack Tutorial

Happy Weekend Everyone!
I was blessed to be able to link up once again with some old High School girl pals last evening for dinner and of course I couldn't go empty handed!  Just wished I had not waited until Thursday afternoon to come up with an idea!  LOL!

But before I share my idea with you, I'd like to share a photo of 'the gals'!  And what a wonderful group of ladies it is!  HOW FABULOUS that each time we get together a few more school mates join in ... last evening there were 12 of us and another half dozen that wanted to come but had prior commitments!  I just think this is so awesome after 40+ years of being out of school!  So many stories to tell ... what wonderful fun!  The evening just flew by!

Don't they look FABULOUS??
I am SO blessed to call all of these ladies my friends!
 Each one is an inspiration to me in one way or another! 
 Girl Friends are THE BEST!!!

Okay back to my project!  Here are the little treat packs I made for my gal pals!!

Anyways ... I had one of these little 'gift card/treat' packets sitting on one of the drawer units at my workstation and a light bulb went off in my head!  I thought, those could be made up rather quickly and since I have an entire bag of Hershey Nuggets on the shelf waiting to be used for the Nugget Boxes I make for my craft shows ... why not create these little treat packets as an after dinner treat!

I thought I'd quickly take a few photos along the way so if you ever have this happen you would have a QUICK & CUTE gift to hand out to your friends too!  

You will need:
1 - 12x12 sheet of decorative paper (single or double sided)
Ribbon
Scissors
Corner Rounder
Scoring Tool
Adhesive
Candy




You can make THREE packets from one sheet of 12x12 paper!

Step 1:  Cut your 12x12 paper at the 6 3/4" length, then cut into three 4" panels.
Step 2:  From the leftover, cut a 3" x 12" strip ... then cut that strip into 2" pieces (6)
Step 3:  Score your 3" x 2" panels every 1/2" and fold in accordion fashion

Step 4:  Adhere one end of the accordion folded gusset panel (making sure the decorative side faces OUTWARD if single sided pattern) and adhere to each side of your packet panel.

Step 5:  Add a strip of adhesive to the TOP of each gusset ... fold INWARD to create the packet
Step 6:  (option) Round the corner on the LID portion of the packet.

 Step 7:  Fill with the goodies of your choice

Step 8:  Use Velcro tab closures or simply tie closed with a pretty ribbon as I have.

A few challenges to share in:
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something Old (design paper is at least 5 years old)

I hope you've enjoyed this little project/tutorial!
The girls LOVED them and I was so happy to put a 'chocolate' smile on each of their faces!  LOL!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.