Monday, June 2, 2014

Crafty Secrets June Linky Party & DT Challenge

Well here we are in JUNE already!

Sandy has created some amazing 'Big Dog / Little Dog' images to play with and the team is going crazy creating some really fun cards/projects.  Be sure to pop over to their blogs and check 'em out!

Today I decided to play with the adorable new Printable Puppies 5 Card Set Sandy showcased on the blog last week.  You can see it HERE.  Even though these make quick & easy printable cards, I wanted something a little smaller but using the same adorable image.  



SO ... here's what I did to achieve what I needed . . .

STEP 1:  Choose your image from the set.  Copy/Paste it into a blank Word document.
As you see below, it pastes in as the full size including WHITE space.


 STEP 2:  Now I want to crop out the white space so I can size & print JUST the cute image.


STEP 3:  Now that the white space has been cropped out, I can resize the image to the size needed.
 

 STEP 4:  Once I resized my image, I decided I wanted TWO copies of this image so I could do a bit of fussy cutting and popping up for my final card creation.  By simply highlighting my image and doing a copy/paste, I had the two identical images I needed.
 

 As you can see by this full screen shot (below), not only do I now have the 2 images I wanted to play with but also the lower panel of the white paper I printed on will be my card base!  
(love when it comes together ALL IN ONE)



As I mentioned, and you can see in the FINISHED CARD photo, I decided to do a little fussy cutting and popping up on certainly elements of my image for added dimension.  Not my finest fussy cutting ... but cute none the less!  LOL!

Please be sure to check out the fabulous projects by my team mates!  They come up with some of the most awesome projects and are so generous to share all the details, tips & tricks with all of us!!  Here's a list of their blogs ... please pop on over!
Okay,  now its your turn to enter our June Linky Party and post any sample you have created using any of our products.  Every person will receive a $6.00 coupon and 1 lucky random.org winner will get a $50.00 Crafty Secrets Gift Card!  You have until 12:05 PM June 9/14 to enter. Sorry, only one $6.00 coupon per person but you can enter up to 4 samples and increase odds of winning the big prize. Don't be shy!


I can't wait to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial today!
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV Double Sided Basics dp pack,
Accessories:     Fiskars swivel craft knife, Red Christmas pom pom, Pop Dots, Tim Holtz fine tip black marker for decorative doodling




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.