Monday, May 5, 2014

Crafty Secrets Linky Party and DT challenge

Hello everyone!
It's the 1st Monday of the Month and that means a new  
Recently the Birds and Blossom Scraps sold out, so now they are available as a 4 Page Digital Download!  FABULOUS!  I just love this set and decided that would be the bases for my 
RECYCLED CRICUT CARTRIDGE BOX project today.

SO EASY & FUN to turn THIS ...

















INTO THIS . . .


















Crafty Secrets products I've used on this project are:
I'm sure you all know how to alter/recycle a box, and there's really no 'trick' to doing it, but in my mind the PAPER you use is the KEY!  And these gorgeous gardening designed papers/images are PERFECT!  You can add as few or as many embellishments as you'd like ... for my embellishments I simply did some 'fussy cutting' from the left over papers (robin, flowers) to adorn my 'The Garden' title panel.


QUICKIE TUTORIAL ...

 Since there was color along the edges of my cricut box, I used some Tim Holtz White Distress Crackle Paint.  It not only covered the color but also gave it a nice 'aged' look.

I wanted the focus to be on the front cover and inside of my box,
so using Modge Podge, I adhered a simple, marbled paper to all the other surfaces.













 Modge Podge was also used to adhere the front cover panel.  I cut my front cover wide enough to go down over the side closure panel.  By measuring and scoring for the fold first ... it was much easier when it came time to 'glue' it down.

 

Remember me mentioning using as few or as many embellishments as you'd like ...
BEST
GOOD
BETTER


Please be sure to check out the fabulous projects by my team mates!  They come up with some of the most awesome projects and are so generous to share all the details, tips & tricks with all of us!!  Here's a list of their blogs ... please pop on over!
Okay,  now its your turn to enter our May Linky Party and post any sample you have created using any of our products.  Every person will receive a $6.00 coupon and 1 lucky random.org winner will get a $50.00 Crafty Secrets Gift Card!  You have until 12:05 PM May 15/14 to enter. Sorry, only one $6.00 coupon per person but you can enter up to 4 samples and increase odds of winning the big prize. Don't be shy!

A few challenges to share in:
613 Avenue Create #70 - Anything Goes option/bling 
Challenges 4 Everybody #41 - Anything Goes 
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge #5 - How Does Your Garden Grow 
Digi Galore - Anything But a Card 
Country View Challenge #15 - Nature's Glories 
Lia Stampz Challenge #64 - Anything But a Card 
Rhedd's Creative Spirit May Challenge - Anything Goes Altered Art 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I can't wait to see what YOU create!
Have a FABULOUS day/week!!

Other items used on this creation:
Modge Podge
Sponge Brush
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Pop Dots
Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife
Tim Holtz Tea Dye & Broken China Distress Inks
Tim Holtz distress tool
Spellbinder Gold Labels 4 die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.