Friday, May 9, 2014

Birds in the Springtime . . .

Happy Friday!
Once again I'm having fun playing with springtime/bird type images because well ... it's just feels right and it is THAT TIME OF YEAR!!!  Can you believe we are already a full week into the FIFTH month of 2014.  WOW where is the time going?  I love watching the birds that come to our feeders ... in fact, just the other day hubby & I discovered not one but TWO Red Breasted Grosbeaks at the sunflower feeder as well as this woodpecker at the suet feeder. I immediately grabbed the binoculars for a closer look ... they are so pretty and such fun to watch!


Today's creation base images are from the Crafty Secrets Birds and Blossoms digital images set.  These images used to be among their 'creative scraps' collection ... but now those are sold out and Sandy has turned them into a digital 4 page download ... FANTASTIC!!


There are so many beautiful images on this download, it's a MUST for any crafter's library.  Especially if you are a nature, bird lover person such as myself!

The background paper I chose for today's card is from a new DCWV double sided 'The Basic Stack' paper pack that I found at JoAnn's.  It's a 6x6 pack and since it is two sided and I only needed 4-1/4" width, I simply scored it at the length and folded the flip side up.  Did a little distressing on the edge and Viola! background done and ready to embellish.

A few challenges to share in:
Cheery Lynn Designs - Lots of Layers
Fan-Tastic Tuesday #34 - Flourishes
Dream Valley - Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts Challenge #9 - Something beginning with "S" (stitching)
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite - Fur or Feathers and why (Feathers - birds of all types.  So fascinating to watch and their beautiful color & songs are amazing)
Crafty Little Fairies May Challenge - In the Garden
The House that Stamps Built - Bird Watching

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope your have a wonderful weekend planned!
I'm headed out to visit some crafting friends in Indiana/Michigan on Tuesday so I'd better starting thinking about what all crafting supplies I want to take along to play with ... so hard to choose what to take! LOL!
Later ...

Recipe:
Cheery Lynn Designs dies:  Add a Flourish #B456, Fanciful Flourish #B117S, Birdhouse with Lattice #B418
Accessories:  White gelly roll pen (faux stitching), Darice flowers, TH Tea Dye distress ink, Bakers Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.