Monday, December 2, 2013

Crafty Secrets Linky Party - DT Challenge

Hello again & Happy Monday my friends!

(Please scroll down to view my Squigglefly Challenge project.)
 
Well, here we are in DECEMBER already and today I'm sharing my creation/tutorial with you for the last Linky Party/DT Challenge over at Crafty Secrets for 2013.  You definitely want to come join in the fun!  Every person will receive a $6.00 coupon and 1 lucky random.org winner will get a $50.00 Crafty Secrets Gift Card!  You have until midnight December 9th to enter.

I have several scrap strips of white cardstock that I have cut from the full size 8 1/2x11 sheets for various projects and decided to use some of them to make Wine Bottle Tags for Christmas gift giving.  
What better product to use for this project than the  
This is my all time favorite for holiday cards/projects!

 Here are the items I used for my NARROW tags (2 1/4" x 11 and scored at 3")
  • paper - cs_cd5_br_music
  • images - cs_vd_tags_tickets_color
  • sign - cs_vc_sign_from_our_house
 
My tags are cardstock weight so I simply printed my music paper onto regular printer paper which is a  lighter weight.  My images however were printed onto 80# bright white cardstock.
Since I needed multiple signs, I imported the image into a blank Word document ... made it the size I needed then copied/pasted it to give m a full sheet of the same sized sign. (hence the full sheet you see above)
I also brought the image sheet into Word cropping out each individual image then reducing them to the size that was required for these narrower tags.
 
After adhering my paper, images & sign, I simply added a touch of Stickles for sparkle.


I also had a stack of white cardstock scraps that measured a bit larger at 3 3/16" x 11.
I scored these at 3 1/2" and all the bottle neck opening were created using a 1-1/4" punch.  However, some bottles like your champagne bottles will require a larger opening so you may want to use a 1-1/2" punch.

For these larger tags, I have printed the same images but printed them in FULL SIZE.  
I have printed full (8 1/2" x 11") sheets of cs_cd5_ivory_tan printer from the CD for my background. 
Had I not been wanting to use up scraps,
I could have used this FULL SHEET (printed on cardstock or heavier paper) 
to create the actual tag!


The bottle tags were so quick and easy!
Remember, you don't have to use them on just wine or champagne,
today there is Sparkling Cider and other beverages
available in pretty bottles for the holiday!

And remember to add a little note on the back of the tag,
just in case your friends (like me, lol) forget who gifted them with this extra special gift.

So there ya go ... now it's time for you to get out your Crafty Secrets products (ANY OF THEM) ... get creative and share them over on our blog for your chance to INSPIRE and maybe WIN that $50 gift card!

For more inspiration be sure to check out my team mates blogs ... 
you will be IN AWE of their talents!!
Happy Crafting and Happy Day to each of you!
Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

15 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea Dar!! Why have I never thought of doing this?? REALLY nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such a great idea, Dar! What a nice (and easy...and beautiful!!!) way to dress up a wine bottle. I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These wine bottle tags are just GREAT! Makes for a very classy gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wine bottle tags! What a great way to dress up a bottle:)
    TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these are stunning Dar...wow...so beautiful, what a great gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such great packaging and gift ideas Darlene. These wine tags are perfect for the holidays and really do make plain bottles look so much more festive and 'gifty'

    Thanks for sharing, I added this post to our Pintrest Tutorial board
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags and what a great way to dress up a nice bottle of wine or champagne
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! I'll have to do up a few to add to our gifts that we will be giving this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much more original than the usual store bought wine bag. This is such a creative use of these tags.
    Cheers, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful and such a fun way to gift a bottle of wine, etc.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful Darlene. I love the vintage images you used. So lovely for the Christmas gift giving season. Thanks for the tutorial too!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are wonderful and such a great idea. Love the vintage and thanks for the tutorial.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, these tags are stunning!--such a beautiful presentation for a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.