Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Friendship Tea and a Shout Out!

Hello Everyone!
As I mentioned yesterday, I have so much I want to share with you,
but don't want to overwhelm you with too many posts
in one day ... so I will try to contain myself
and spread them out over a few days!

This past Saturday I enjoyed the day with girlfriends from high school at the home of one of those girls (ladies!).  It was hosted by Chris (Brown) Hall, Cheryl (Brown) Uslenghi and Loretta (Raines) Summers.  
What an amazing menu & beautiful tablescape they created!

Everything was so festive, warm and inviting!

The first course was a wonderful, fruity smoothy and homemade scone.  Followed by an awesome fruit/appetizer plate with spiced apples, cream cheese covered grapes which had been rolled in crushed pistachio nuts.  Sugared pecans/walnuts and another yummy cream cheese cup appetizer bite!  Mmmm ... so many mouth watering little tidbits!

The main course was chicken ala king over biscuits with these awesome little turkey shaped crusty breads.
 
And dessert was AMAZING!  
Nut covered Ice Cream Balls drizzled with homemade chocolate sauce, whipped creme and a cherry!
Along with scrumptious little apple pie with apricot glaze squares that Margee (Matthews) Anderson brought along.
OMG ... SO GOOD! 
YUMMMMMMMO!

 Oh and of course, being a "TEA", we had a choice of tea that complimented the meal!  These girls went ALL OUT for this event.
Here's a couple photos of my friends!
There were a couple that couldn't make it to this gathering,
but hopefully they will be available for the next time!
OH THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME!!!! 
And hopefully at my home here in Akron, Ohio!

(L-R) Judy (Smith) Stuckey, Linda (Kennedy) Frum, Loretta (Raines) Summers and Cheryl (Brown) Uslenghi


 (L-R) Front Chris (Brown) Hall, 
Luddy Duffy, Dorothy (Kuhn) Daley, Sheila (Dennison) Frederick and Darlene (Coon) Weigel
 
 (L-R) Linda (Kennedy) Frum, Loretta (Raines) Summers, Margee (Matthews) Anderson

 (L-R) Darlene (Coon) Weigel, Luddy Duffy, Sheila (Dennison) Frederick, Cheryl (Brown) Uslenghi

It was such an amazing day ...
The time together went way too fast!
Some of these girls I haven't seen in 20+ years and a couple of them I haven't seen since high school!
Do the math ... Graduating Class of 1968!  
OMG!!  LOL!!

HOW BLESSED AM I!!!

Before I leave you today, I wanted to share with you a request I had from Cindy Groh 
to share one of my card creations over on her MANLY MONDAY Blog Post.
Thanks so much Cindy for the wonderful shout out!  

Well, hubby wants to go do a little shopping now that the winds/rain have eased up a bit.
Have a fabulous day and thanks so much for allowing me to share my life with you!
 As always . . .

6 comments:

  1. Wow...the table, the food, and the attendees...BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad you Ladies have started getting together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful party you all had and everything sounds delicious. It is great that you all could get together and I am so glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dar, this looks like so much fun...all the good friends, food and hanging out together, what could be better...how did they like their gifts from you...loved them I bet!! I didn't realize you were going to a home, I thought a restaurant, this is MUCH better!! Congrats on your shout out, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone had a good time, and the food looks delicious! The table was set beautifully for a tea too Darlene! I'm glad you had a good time getting together with old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I'm starving now!! Secondly I think that is awesome that you ladies did that. Brings tears to my eyes. What memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene, your tea looks like it was so much fun and super yummy! It's great to connect with old friends and you're lucky you still have so many that could join the party

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.