Thursday, October 3, 2013

INSPIRATION challenge at Paper Crafting Corner

Hello my friends ...

I'm off to Pennsylvania early in the morning to have breakfast with some of my 1st cousins.  As you know, I come from a very large family and over the past year or so, it was decided we'd try and get together for breakfast the 1st Friday of each month for anyone who was available.  Luckily this month I'm available and look forward to seeing many of them again!

Since I knew I'd be getting on the highway early (1-1/2 hour drive) I wanted to share with you the card I made for the new Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazing Monday Challenge Week 25

Here is our inspirational Magazine Cover for this week:

Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Mondays - Week Twenty-Five Inspiration Piece (image)

Even though there are several different ideas that immediately came into my head, my eye was of course drawn to the suitcase.  And with a suitcase comes travel ...

So here's what came together for me.

Aren't these images awesome!  They come from a sheet of vintage images called 'Life's Journey' by Magenta (www.magentastyle.com).   Other than the vintage style (which I love), the thing that drew me to these images was the suitcases with the name Darlington on them.  My home town (and where I'm headed in the morning) is Darlington, PA.

I rummaged through some of my vintage style design papers and came up with this worldly patterned paper and the post card was actually cut from another vintage 12x12 paper.  I've distressed the edges with Tim Holtz TeaDye ink and even curled a couple corners to give it a more aged appeal.

The verse on the forefront image says:  "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing!"

I hope you've enjoyed my card today and please come join in the inspirational fun at Paper Crafter's Corner.  It's amazing to see what different people see in the same image! And I might add, this challenge has certainly helped me to 'think outside the box'!

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always ...

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the challenge......I love the suitcases image, and how cool is it with the name of your town.....beautiful card once again Dar!! And have fun with your cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!! How cool is that to have the same name as your hometown on the suitcase image! Fun!
    have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the vintage look!! Your entry last week was an inspiration for my entry this week, so Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.