Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Inspired By You . . .

Good Afternoon All!

Every once in awhile a card catches my eye to the point that I just have to stop what I'm doing and CASE it.  That happened to me yesterday while I was doing my commenting over at A.R.T.  

This card by Edith (today: from my perspective) just spoke to me so I had to give it a try.


I must admit, CAS (clean and simple) cards are NOT my style but I just LOVE this and it's PERFECT for those masculine cards we all struggle to create! 

I just happen to be crafting with a friend of mine (Hi. Terri) yesterday and she was using a SU Stamp Set called 'The Open Sea' and she was kind enough to let me borrow it for this project.  I have a whole basket full of different colors of crafting paint so I just grabbed 3 shades of blue/green/gray, a sponge brush and got busy!  Here's what I came up with ... very quick & easy I might add!

I must say I truly like Edith's card better but I'm still happy with my card and will work at perfecting the technique.  This card took me all of 10 minutes (including drying time - thank goodness for heat guns).

Well, I'm working on several projects today so I'd better get back to work (play).  I just had to take a few minutes and share this creation with you.  

SEE ... I told you that YOU ALL INSPIRE ME!!!
Here's the proof!!!

A few other challenges:
Cards and More - Travel & Adventure
Creative Card Crew - No Design Paper
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - Birthdays
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
 
Have a wonderful day and as always . . .

16 comments:

  1. aw.... thanks!

    btw... I really like your card! I love how you've balanced the compass with the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design. Your splash of colors look so awesome. Thanks for playing along with us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week and hope you'll join us again real soon.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool way to use paint and make these great nautical images really stand out. Very creative - love them! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, great masculine CAS. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, love this and you made it sound so easy. Though I'll probably smudg the paint somewhere and have to start allover again.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know Dar...I think yours is just as beautiful! Great job girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really stunning colors and such a fun technique! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are wonderful, I especially like the first one!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dar! Your card looks fantastic. Like the choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, Your card turned out wonderful! Love the colors and the stamps.
    Huggz Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them both verry much, can't say which 1 better, i think theyre both stunning.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    DT Call at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, these are beautiful! I love the great design and the color swatches are a great idea! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps and don't forget about our blog hop @ http://www.lovesrubberstamps.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You cased that beautifully! They are both gorgeous cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Cards und More
    Hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fan card, love the CAS design and colours. Thanks for joining in with our Birthday Challenge at LCI xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such creative colour work! Thanks for joining the Ladybugs this time, happy crafting, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.