Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring Time in Ohio

Happy Sunday dear friends ...

Everything is coming to life after a cold, snowy winter here in N.E. Ohio and I'm just LOVING it!!  

 Isn't it just GORGEOUS! 
This is my 100 years+ crab apple tree ... and it popped out in bloom just yesterday!  

 One of my many 'Bleeding Heart' plants next to the garage ... looks like I'll be doing more dividing of these plants this year!

 Here's our little flowering crab apple tree in our front yard which we had transplanted a couple of years ago and wasn't sure if would survive the moving SHOCK ... but it sure looks like it's happy once again in it's new location!

And, in my front flower bed I have these cute kids on a see-saw under a Japanese Maple and the red parrot tulips are a happy burst of color next to them.

I have so much card creating to get caught up on ... (been playing hooky lately)!  Yesterday I spent the day with an old friend whom I've known since childhood!  Judy & I spent a lot of time together during our growing up years and we were even pregnant at the same time with our 1st child.  We lost touch for several years but I'm thrilled to say we've once again linked up and have been enjoying each others company once again!  Although neither one of us can figure out how we ended up in this age bracket!  LOL!


Yesterday we went together on one of the History Tours through parts of the area we grew up in which is put on by the local community college.  It was fascinating and I had a wonderful time!  Again ... not sure how we ended up qualifying for the 'Seniors Bus Tour' ... LOL!

One of the stops along the tour was this beautiful St. Nicholas Chapel ... which I didn't even know existed in our area!

Saint Nicholas Chapel - Greek Catholic Union of the USA
A replica of the wooden Greek Catholic Churches in the Carpathian Mountain region of Central Europe.  This award-winning designed chapel, incorporates the architectural theme of the best of three old world churches, painstakingly researched from a collection of over 120 churches.  The chapel houses a museum on the lower level and is available for tours weekdays from 9 A.M.-3 P.M.  Larger groups up to sixty are welcome with prior arrangement.  Admission is free, bus parking available.  Divine Liturgy celebrated Sunday at 10:30 A.M.  

The photo of Judy & I (above) was taken in front of the doors to this beautiful chapel and here are a few photos I took inside ... just gorgeous! ... and the speaker was VERY enlightening & informative!


Don't tell anyone ... but I 'sneeked' up into the upper loft to snag this photo looking down onto the alter.  Photo's just can't capture it's full beauty!


Below is a photo I took when I decided to 'look UP' as I was sitting in the pew awaiting our speaker.  WOW!!


If you have a friend that you haven't reached out to for a long time ... why not do it today?  Just pick up the phone or pop 'em an email ... it's amazing how easy it is to "Make Someone Smile" with just a quick "HELLO, how are you doing?"

Well that's it for me today ... I think I'll get busy creating some cards today!  Thanks for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow when I will have TWO fun posts to share with you!  It's time for the monthly Linky Party - DT challenge at Crafty Secrets ... and ... a new challenge at Squigglefly!  Hope to see you then!  But, in the meantime, enjoy your day, let those in your life (and those you've been away from for too long) know how much you love & appreciate them!

As always . . .

4 comments:

  1. wow .what a interesting post my friend.love how the gardens looking and the church is breath taking huugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees and plants looks gorgeous. I know Ohio is a big place, (never been) but I have a friend who lives there and he tells me the winters can be ferocious. He moved back there from Florida !!!!!
    Have a nice Sunday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene, Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures. Your trees look stunning and your Bleeding Heart plant is much further on than ours. What a beautiful place and the architecture is amazing, you must have enjoyed your day so much, specially with a long time friend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a "fab" time...and what beautiful pictures, not only of your day, but your flowers and trees as well...thanks for sharing your beauties with us :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.