Friday, November 2, 2012

TUTORIAL - Wedding Money Holders

Hello Dear Readers and Happy Friday!
I'm as ready as I'm going to be for tomorrow's craft show and since I had a request to share the way I created a few of my craft show items, I thought I'd share one with you today (others to follow).

Here are the easy steps to create a Wedding Money Holder like this one:


Items used for this creation:
  • One (1) 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white cardstock cut 8" x 8" square (reserved cut piece for bellyband)
  • Two (2) pieces of design paper - (1) cut 7 3/4" x 2 1/4" and (1) cut 7 3/4" x 1 3/4" (front panels) 
  • Scrap of Red Cardstock to die cut flourish
  • Border Punch - I used Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch
  • Adhesive to attach designer panels
  • 1/8" Scor Tape (or Red Line Tape)
  • Gold Pilot Marker
  • Congratulations Stamp & Versafine Black Ink
  • Embellishments of your choosing - I used Cheery Lynn Designs SM Fanciful Flourish (B117S), Reflections Handmade Florals and Diamond Stickles

Cut your base cardstock at 8" square ...
Score at 2" and 5 1/2"
Your designer paper panels will be cut
7 3/4 x 2 1/4"
and
7 3/4" x 1 3/4"
Remember to save your cut off cardstock piece for your bellyband.

Since you will have WHITE against WHITE on the inside of your money holder, I like to use a gold or silver Pilot Marker to EDGE the money holding panel.  You simply lay your cardstock on a scrap piece of paper and starting at top edge of your panel gently drag your marker down to make a simple defining edge line.



To seal your ends on the money holder panel, I find Scor Tape works great.  You can of course use any adhesive you prefer but try to keep it narrow so the money/check fits without a problem.


Once you have sealed your inside money panel, you are ready to create your Belly Band from the scrap of paper left over from cutting your base holder.
I don't like for the band to be too tight so I chose to lay it under my holder and mark with my bone folder where I want my score lines then took it over to my Scor Pal and did my scoring.  



Now lets make that belly band pretty!
I wanted my fancy cut band to match up in the back so I found this way worked perfectly.
After scoring my belly band, I laid my SCORED line right at the end of my punch and began punching.
  Being sure to line up my dots so I got a nice even cut the whole way down.

Next, I FLIPPED OVER my panel and lined it up the same way I did the first side ... this way they were sure to match up in the back ... side to side.


Once you adhere the belly band together in the back, you are ready to adorn the front in what ever style you'd like.  Here I chose to use a simple Flourish, a Paper Rose and a touch of glitter using Diamond Stickles.  Of course it is safer to add your Stickles to your flourish and let it dry ... BEFORE you put it on your band ... but to save time this morning, I free handed the Stickles AFTER I adhered it to the band.

Add your paper flower and VIOLA!
I used Aleene's Tacky Glue for the flower and  Art Glitter (dries clear) glue for the flourish.


So, there you have it!  It's really a very simple design that you can gently adorn or you can GO CRAZY with embellishment ... totally up to you!!  Here are a couple other holders I have ready for the show:


For this one, I made TWO different belly bands. 
That way it can be used either as a Wedding card or as a 50th Anniversary card!
 AND, on this last sample, I did a little extra.  I made a HOMEMADE flower using McGill Star Lily Punch (P/N 64511) and also a matching envelope (legal size white envelope).  The sentiment on this card is from the new JustRite Clear stamp set called Large Fancy Sentiments (CR-03815).


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and samples I have created this week.
I will be back soon with tutorials on the Hershey Bar Pouches I made for this show and also a requested tutorial on the Zig-Zag card.  So please come back soon!

In the meantime, have a FABULOUS day/weekend and know I appreciate each and every one of you!!

Qualifying Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks #114: A Day to Remember
 Craft Us Crazy #29 - Black as primary color and/or party theme
DL.ART - Anything Goes
Forever Friends - Anything Goes
 Simply Create  - Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
 The House that Stamps Built DCC1024 - Anything other than a Card
The Paper Shelter #88 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps - No Square Cards


16 comments:

  1. Great job on your tutorial - great idea for gift giving as well - even Christmas! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Dar! Hope you sell out tomorrow! Hugs from FL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE how elegant they all look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful What a great idea
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART ANYTHING GOES November Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Tutorial and beautiful folders. Good luck at the Craft Fair and thanks for joining us at OCS for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from DLART Linky Party. Like the colors of the gift card holder. Thanks for sharing the step by step directions.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tutorial on making these beautiful money holders!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter and One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, thanks for joining us at Forever Friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRETTY PRETTY!!~ Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your inspiration on the One Crazy Stamper challenge this month. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous money holders Darlene, so elegant and pretty and your tutorial is fab too.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very pretty...I can see why you seel out of them...wish I could come to your show...your items look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. all stunning cards, love the red rose!!! thanks for joining simply create

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.