Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time sure flies . . .

WOW where is the time going?
It's been a very busy week for me so far and I can't believe it's nearly a week since my last posting ... SO out of character for me!!!  Speaking of time slipping away ... I was fortunate enough to link up with 5 of my 'high school' friends (graduated 1968) on Monday evening for dinner and a lot of reminiscing!   What fun!!


L-R: Judy (Smith) Stucky, Judy (Kirk) Petrich, Eileen (Zentiska)


 
L-R:  Darlene (Stepek) Pavlick, Loretta (Raines) Summers, Dorothy (Kuhn) Daley

WOW!  How wonderful to see these ladies again!  
We could have TALKED ALL NIGHT!!

It's funny ... we used to get together and talk about school events, football games and "boys" ... now we we spent our time discussing Ex-husbands, grandchildren, various joint replacements and retirement!  MY, MY how times have changed!  LOL!  

I do feel blessed to be able to call these ladies MY FRIENDS and I cherish each one of them!  Hopefully we can link up again soon ... it was amazing to hear how many of our classmates had already departed this world and now I know what my mother meant when she said "time goes faster as you get older" ... she sure is right on that one!  

Do you have a long lost friend that has popped into your mind lately?
Well don't hesitate ...
pick up the phone or drop them an email telling them you were thinking of them today!
Trust me ... you will MAKE THEIR DAY!!

Please be sure to stop back tomorrow when I will have a new, fun Shelly's Images challenge/creation to share with you.  We have four new DT members and they have created some AMAZING projects to share with you.  Hope to see you then ... have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

  1. It looks so nice. Great to have such friends.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely smiling faces Darlene. I bet you all had fun too. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo of some lovely ladies and I think it is just wonderful the way women get together ... we are a far more gentle breed than the male species. Enjoy and make the most of your friends they are all very special xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.