Friday, May 4, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge #17

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Can you believe another week is nearly over ... WOW!

Yesterday I had a fun time creating cards with my friend Terri Snode from Alliance, Ohio.  She & I are both members of The Sisterhood of Crafter's so we were enjoying working on DT work together and being inspired by each other.  Plus we did a little Video Skyping with Shelly of Shelly's Images (who is our sponsor for the upcoming Sisterhood Challenge) and with Joan of Joan's Gardens.  How awesome is it to be able to see/talk to people all over the world via the internet.  You gotta love technology!!

Anyways, the card I have to share with you today is my creation for the current challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week the requirements are:
  • Stamp a background
  • Do a Vintage Card
  • Use Olive and Tan Colors - and any accent color
  • Use some kind of feathers (you might have to kill a chicken LOL)
Joan was right ... I thought I was going to have to go out and pluck a feather from a chicken since I could NOT find the TWO packs of feathers that I have SOMEWHERE in my stash.  I did have a few laying around by my lightbox that I sometimes use for photographing so I just ended up grabbing one of those and inked it lightly with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.

Here are the other items used in making this card:
Paper:  White cs, Putty cs, Old Olive cs
Inks:  Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Stamps:  SU French Script (background), Inkadinkado (Victorian Couple & Heart/Birds)
Accessories:  White feather, MS doily border punch, olive satin ribbon, Cheery Lynn Designs B147 Olive Branches, Distress it All, 

Here are a few other qualifying challenges:
Scrap It With a Song - I Will Always Love You
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you've found inspiration in my card creation.
Enjoy your weekend and remember 'SMILE' ... 
it will make them wonder what you are up to!
LOL
HUGS,
Darlene

26 comments:

  1. Glad you found your feather Darlene. Don't feel bad, I couldn' find mine either for a long tiime.

    your card is adorable. Love the color combination you used.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a superb card..love the vintage them ..! hope you have a good weekend hugs sasyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card Darlene - and I had no feathers - but I found one in some embellishments I had. You did a great job! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene...WOW...this card blows me away...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely, Darlene. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful "take" on this challenge. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - gorgeous! That feather is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I just love the feather. Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous, love the vintage feel, lovely image, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh it's so sweet so romantic :D thanks for sharing it with scrap it with a song

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the feather! Thanks for playing along at scrap it with a song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dar,

    Love your card! I am back to stamping after 3 years, and you are still an inspiration...my card is on my blog: creationsofmykind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your vintage! feather is awesome touch! thanks so much for joining us at the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge (-:

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful.
    Thank you for joining in Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a gorgeous card, the colours are so delicate and I love the vintage feel of this card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this image!! The feather is perfect for this card - looks like it could have come straight from her hat : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have certainly aced this challenge! Love the feather! It was well worth the hunt! I too had stored mine away and had to hunt for them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Graet take on the challenge. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darlene,
    Your card is awesome! I love your feather.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so pretty and that is an awesome feather. Thanks for joining us in our challenge again this week at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty. I love the soft muted colors and your elements. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap It With A Song.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Darlene, I love - love - love your vintage card! Your layout is just vintalicious - love your colors, the stamps you used and of course those awesome feathers!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it with a Song. Sheley

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVELY! the feather adds such a nice texture! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Scrap It With a Song=) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.