Monday, March 12, 2012

Nettie G Challenge

There's a new challenge over on the NettieG Challenge Blog and this time, we are using the theme . . .

BIRTHDAYS

and the TWIST is to have a  
sentiment on the front of the card.


I think this Nettie G image titled 'Anita Digging' is just the cutest thing so decided SHE would be my focus for today.  I have created a CAS card for you and the technique is quick & easy.

First I colored my image using Prismacolor markers for the image and sand ... then blue chalk for the sky.  Once my image was colored and cut to the size I wanted, I simply sat it in the front of my white card (A-6 size) and using the same marker for the sand, made a couple of marks (side to side) so I'd know where my sand was to begin and of course the sky (colored using the same blue chalk) went up from there!    To add a little extra dimension, I have matted my focus image with white cardstock.

I made up the sentiment and printed it from the computer.  Matted in brown & popped it up with Pop Dots.  The 'bucket' comes from a See D's stamp set ... colored with a dark brown Prismacolor marker then cut out & popped up.

We all need BIRTHDAY cards in our stash, so why not come join in the fun at NettieG's Digital Gems Challenge Blog.  Hope to see you there!

Hugs,
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. great card very summery...roll on the better weather so i can get my bucket and spade at the ready ..hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.