Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shelly's Images Challenge

Wow!  Another week has gone by already and it's time for another challenge at SHELLY'S IMAGES!  Today our theme is an easy one ...

SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!
(Anything Goes)
Our FEATURED image today is 'Seashell 2' and you can purchase it  
TODAY ONLY at a REDUCED PRICE!  


I decided to make a grouping of seashells for my beach scene.  What do you think??
I've created this 'scene' by using Tim Holtz distress inks & applicator then for the 'texture' of the water/sand, I've used a rubber stamp by Rubber Stamps of America.  I know you've seen this technique done throughout blogland but if you'd like me to do a tutorial on it, just let me know.

For my seashell grouping, I have inserted my seashells into a Word document using the .jpg & .png files available with this set.  That way I could lay one over the other, move them around and resize to make a group vs one seashell.  I then used Faber-Castell Pastel Pencils for my coloring.  A coat of SU Crystal Effects was the finishing touch to give them that 'shine' that the ocean so cleverly does on the real thing.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!  Shelly's been working on some new VIDEO Tutorials ... you'll want to be sure and check them out!  Remember, every TUESDAY is when the team/Shelly has a new technique or tutorial to share with you. So, if you need inspiration ... be sure to pop over to Shelly's Images . . . always something going on!!

Hugs till next time,
Darlene

3 comments:

  1. WoW, this is fabulous! Those shells look like you've just plucked them off the beach ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Darlene, love the way you are showcasing the shells,,,,,absolutely incredible,,,,woww,woww,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice and lovely piece! ♥ Joined the challenge, good one DT!

    Check out our blog at http://adlysart.blogspot.com/

    Like us on our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/adlys.arts

    Adly's Art

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.