Thursday, December 15, 2011

Joan's Gardens Challenge

I missed last week's challenge at Joan's Gardens so I wanted to take the time and get in on this week's fun ... especially since it's the last challenge she'll be having for 2011!  Joan's being really EASY on us this week ... not like we're busy or anything!  LOL

So ... today's challenge is to make a 

QUCK CHRISTMAS CARD  ... 
Anything Goes!

This card is about as Easy-Peasy as you can get!!

I have used red cardstock for my base card.  A white cardstock panel has been embossed using the Cuttlebug Snowflake EF and the wreath is a die set by Cheery Lynn Designs (DL143) which I purchased at Joan's on my last visit.

I used green cardstock for the wreath and red cardstock for the bow then sponged both elements using Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink which I also purchased from Joan.

The sentiment stamp is from the SU 'A Cardinal Christmas' set and I've used Versafine black ink.

I'm so happy with the outcome of this creation and it was the QUICKEST card I've made all season!  You know me ... LOVE THOSE LAYERS ... but they take time and a lot of thinking!  No need for that today!  

I hope you'll come join in the fun at JOAN'S GARDENS and check out all the amazing products she has to offer in her store!  AND ... if you need inspiration, by all means pop on over to Joan's designer SELMA STEVENSON'S blog ... her work is AMAZING!!! 

Happy Day Everyone!
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Darlene.
    I love red and this certainly pops out at you. Great job.

    Thanks so much for joining us Joan's Gardens for this week's challenge. Merry Christmas!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red and green card Darlene. Don't you love that new gold pigment ink you can now get at Joan's. Thanks again for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens. We always love to see your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your card at Joan's... had to come say how beautiful it is! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is truly beautiful! Love the embossing and then the deep colors of the green and red for the wreath on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your card At Joan's had to pop over to say - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effect of your card. Easy Peasy makes for elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it may have been easy, but it sure is pretty! Love the texture and the rich colors!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.