Saturday, July 16, 2011

Having Fun with New Products . . .

Happy Saturday everyone!  

Recently I attended a workshop at Joan's Gardens in North Liberty, Indiana and while there purchased a few new products (of course ... shopping is half the fun of going to the workshop, LOL).

This Cheery Lynn Designs - B117 Fanciful Flourish - is one of the several dies I purchased from Joan.  We used this on one of the workshop products but the other day after cutting out the flourish  to use on another project I saw the 'negative' laying on the table and thought ... wow that would be a great stencil and here's what I created using that 'would have been scrap' as a stencil. 

 (click on image to enlarge)
I simply laid the 'stencil' on a piece of white cardstock and sponged on green ink to match my base card.  Then I decided to cut out the middle using a Spellbinder 'scallop rectangle' die.  I've used that on the back of my card to identify myself and with a smaller die from the same set, cut out a white piece and stamped my sentiment (using the same ink color).  A little paper piercing was done on the top & bottom edge of the white panel just for added dimension.  A very CAS creation but lovely all the same I think!

Please be sure to pop on over to Joan's Gardens and check out all the other products she has to offer.  Then try to think outside the box a little to utilize them to their fullest extent!  Sure glad I did on this one!!  I just LOVE this flourish and now I can use it 2 different ways!  Cool!


Have a wonderful day!
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. hey Joan- what a great tip- I am going to use this idea in my art journal soon as I get the die! tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.