Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LOVE is already in the air . . .

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I have THREE creations to share with you today and it seems that LOVE is in the air.  As fast as Christmas came & went ... Valentine's Day is right around the corner!!!  So I thought I'd better get a head start on these creations!


First is a FANTASTIC digi creation from "priscillastyles" Store called 'Heart Tree'.  If you haven't seen Priscilla's digis you really should take a moment and see what she has offered in her store!  This is just a SMALL SAMPLE of adorable images she has ready for your Valentine's Day creations.

Creating CAS (clean & simple) cards is not typically my style ... but with digis like the two I am sharing with you today ... you need not add many embellishments to create a masterpiece!  
Priscilla is also the creator of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and get ready for another amazing year of sketches on this blog beginning today!!  Here is the creation I have made for the MMSC85 challenge and this time around, I have used an image from Delicious Doodle and the CAS sketch for MMSC85.


* * * *


This next creation was made using a "heart corner"  digi image offered up by JenLee over on CDAC.  Yesterday was her birthday and for the 24 hours of her birthday she offered all of US a gift of this wonderful image.  I have used an image from the Crafty Secrets Valentine Cotton Scraps to go along with these beautiful hearts ... and the coloring was done using Prismacolor markers with a touch of red Stickles at the end.  The heart border is from Martha Stewart and the red satin ribbon & pearl heart are from JoAnne Fabric's.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you & your family are happy & healthy today!  
Snow is predicted for the end of the week here in Ohio, USA ... that makes me feel bad for the numerous Robins (SPRINGTIME birds) I saw outside the other day when the temperatures were unusually warm for this time of the year!  I guess they'll go back into hiding for a few more months!

Happy Crafting
Darlene

23 comments:

  1. oh, that three is sooo beautiful darlene. i love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene all three cards are so pretty. You are really getting a head start on Valentine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Dar, all so different and equally lovely! Thanks for the link for the Heart Tree as it is quite stunning! I love what youve done with it and like you, Im not really a CAS sort of girl but really love the look of them though!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous cards, Darlene. Love the heart tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Look at all of those hearts!! I so adore the beautiful tree!! Very pretty designs my friend!!HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post..so many lovelies to look at. Thank you so much for bring my Heart Tree image to live..I really love it and have used it in my store this week. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and sharing so many wonderful creations on this post.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Darlene!
    You have been a busy girl! These are all gorgeous! The Priscillastyles tree is amazing and I said it before, but it looks 3D. So cool!

    I just LOVE how you have colored Teri's corner rose! It looks soo good! Very, very pretty!

    I have missed out on JenLee's image, but that was quite a heart shower! You made a perfect Valentines card! So soft and romantic!

    You are good girl!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Midnight Madness. I wish you the best for 2011 and hope you will play with us again next week!

    Hugs
    Gunn
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! But the last one is really fantastic!!!!
    Happy New Year!!!
    hugs. Larisa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! These all all amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Midnight Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brill cards, you've certainly been busy a nd mega organised getting the valentines card done already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love what you did with the hearts on the tree. What you did with the sketch is great too!

    Happy New Year!

    Reneé
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene...all very beautiful projects...my fav is that absolutely gorgeous heart tree. You did Priscilla's image proud! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Happy New Year! I have become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning line up! Your cards are all beautiful, Darlene! Thanks so much for playing along with the MMSC! You rocked the challenge and then some! Beautiful job!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic cards- I love the gorgeous tree with hearts! I am here from Feline Playful and am now a follower. I look forward to seeing lots of gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 3 cards in a row, and all true beauties! Impressing Darlene I love the heart tree, and the 3D effect you have given it. And the rose on the thank you card; amazing!
    Thank you so much for playing at Midnight Madness. Hope to see next week :-)
    Hugs Guro

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    I am from Feline Playful blog.
    I am a new Followers of your blog.
    Your blog is beautiful.
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs Karla

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Darlene! Just popping in from Feline's Playful and also to say thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some a sweet comment! It made my day! I'd love for you to follow me and I've just signed up to become a follower of your blog which is lovely by the way!! I love these cards especially the heart tree!! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2011!! Hugs, Leanne
    www.createdbyLeanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darlene,
    All three cards look fabulous, but gotta say I LOVE the heart tree! This is just gorgeous with the pink and red hearts and that beautiful sky. Looking forward to see your next creation!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are beautiful! I enjoyed looked through your most recent posts. I have become a follower, thanks to Feline Playful, and I look forward to seeing more of your creations in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Darlene - you are on a roll! Your cards are divine - as always - you are such a machine girl! Love it! I do love the simple elegance of the MMSC card - that image is perfect and gorgeous colouring on Priscilla's image! Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we love to have you as part of our MMSC family! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work!! I've enjoyed looking at your blog. I found your blog through Feline Playful.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.