Friday, December 17, 2010

A Challenge Card & A Recipe

WOW ... I'm not getting a whole lot of crafting done these days ... I'm sure you understand ... still trying to be sure I have all my Christmas cards in the mail ... shopping completed & wrapped and NOW ... we've decided to have a neighborhood Christmas Party THIS Sunday!  Yikes ... nothing like waiting until the last minute!  (I can thank hubby for that one!!) LOL

Anyways ... today I did make a card!  One that fits two challenges that popped out at me.  The STAMP SOMETHING challenge to make a tag or pocket card ... and ... PATTIE"S CREATIONS challenge to use your punches.
(click image to enlarge)
I'm so happy with how this creation turned out and I have to thank these two challenge blogs for their influences!  I have added Deco Art Glamour Dust to the tips of the wings on the doves as well as the inner lining of the punched hearts for a touch of sparkle.
My card contents:
Papers:  Whisper White cs, Cranberry Red cs, Melissa Frances dp
Stamps:  Pattie G's digi (Doves), American Crafts (sentiment)
Punches:  Martha Stewart Lacey Heart, All Night Media Corner 
Accessories:  Offray Red Satin ribbon, Deco Art Glamour Dust, Prismacolor markers

 * NOW FOR THE RECIPE I PROMISED YOU *
This is one of my favorite dip recipes and it's always a hit!

Dried Beef Dip
1 - 2 1/2  oz pkg. (jar) dried beef  (rinsed & chopped fine)
1 - 8 oz package Philadelphia Creme Cheese (softened)
2 Tblsp. milk
2 Tblsp. fine chopped green pepper (or red if you prefer)
2 Tblsp. fine chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Mix all ingredients together ... place in a baking dish ... back 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.  Serve with your favorite crackers.  We prefer either Triscuits or Wheat Thins

I hope you will try this recipe.  And if it starts to cool ... that's fine too ... it's just as good that way or you can rewarm it!


Thanks so much for stopping by during this busy time of the year! 
Hugs to you all!
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. WOW, what can i say , just , wow again, this is amazing !!!
    You have such a fine talent for making a creation come to life !!
    Thanks for joining us over at Pattie's Creations................:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I just love your creation and the way you colored my Doves Image. How clever of you to add a recipe to your card! Thanks for joing us again at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is just SUPER! I love this style of pocket card, and your coloring of the Doves is awesome as always. Yummy recipe, my fav is Triscuits too!
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ☺ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Darlene!Love the design paper and love those hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I really like the pocket and the image by itself with corners and inking. Thanks for joining Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Your card is great. You colored the image perfectly!! Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ☺ Natacha
    DT member Team 2 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card :-) i love the design of this and the image is beautiful ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.