Friday, May 21, 2010

Now here's a fun challenge idea ...

Happy Friday Everyone and welcome to another Raise The Bar challenge.  Today Joni has ask us to use our favorite handbag as inspiration for our creations.  How much fun is that??  

With having shoulder problems, I recently bought a new purse at Kohl's that DIDN'T require a shoulder strap to carry and it has quickly become my favorite.  I really liked the "summer time" colors too ... well, here is a photo to show you what I mean.
Isn't it cute? 
Since the colors reminded me of those beach umbrella you see along the Carolina beaches, I decided it would be fun to take a photo and use that as my background paper & theme for my card.  

 My main image is by DMD clearstamps and after stamping with Versafine black and embossing with Detail Clear EP, I used my Nestabilities Labels 10 to diecut my shape.  I didn't like all the WHITE SPACE so I took a couple sponge pods and created my sand/sky using Creamy Carmel & Soft Sky ink.  I added a little color to the umbrella using Prismacolor markers.

My sentiment and flip-flops are from a Summertime See D's stamp set and I've achieved the curvy cut on the background panel with my Creative Memories decorative cutter.  All in all ... a very easy & FUN card to create!

Please pop over to the Raise The Bar Challenge Blog and check out the other fun creations made by my co-bartenders using their handbags for inspiration ... what fun!!! 

Here's wishing you a fun-filled weekend!  I know it's a VERY BUSY time of the year and I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by for a visit!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday GF!!!! WOOOHOOO look at this beach creation! OH my gosh girl when are we going there???? LOVE the mix of images and your fabby colors girl!!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Darlene! Great idea to use your cute, summery purse for inspiration! Hope you're doing well and having fun--looks like you are!

    Have a beautiful day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neato job using that handbag as inspiration for your card! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that beautiful back lawn! I'd love to be sitting on that deck with ya enjoying a good cup of coffee!
    Love the handbag and especially what you did with the photo of the bag for the background on your card! Just so much fun and so creative!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really fun card hun.
    Wish I had a nice handbag to use for this one. Mine is a shabby old black thing. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene...long time no stop by so here I am wishing you well. Cute purse/beach card and a fun way to challenge people. Happy weekend and coming week. Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.