Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crafty Secrets - TAG YOUR IT

Today it's my turn to host the challenge over on the SCS Crafty Secrets Forum. I thought it most appropriate for this time of the year to create TAGS. Crafty Secrets has wonderful images to work with and we all need special tags for those special gifts this holiday season! I have created two tags to share with you today!! First is my favorite ... Vintage Santa Tag!


I started with an ivory tag from Paper Reflections which I have covered using musical paper from The Paper Studio. After stamping my Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas Santa onto white paper using Versafine black ink, and coloring the image using Prisma pencils, I used my Nestabilities Labels 4 to cut it out. Before removing it from the die, I've used a sponge and garden green ink to sponge around the image. THEN, I used liquid applique on his hat & beard for dimension. A scrap piece of Christmas Red cs was used for my background panel ... which I added a strip of vintage lace. I used a strip of 1/8" red line tape on top of the lace in order to add my Floracraft Twinklets chunky glitter ... needed that extra sparkle!! A couple strips of green DCWV dp were placed in behind the red panel and JoAnn's holiday ribbon was added to complete my tag. What do you think??


I should have photographed the back ... I sponged using Ranger Vintage Photo ink around the edges of the front musical panel and then "swished" across the back before adding my "To" and "From" sentiments. Looks very vintagey!!


For my second tag, I've gone a little more whimsical using Crafty Secrets Snow Bunnies images. I've started out with a white Paper Reflections tag which I used snowflakes from both the Crafty Secrets Christmas Joy & Snow Bunnies sets and stamped with Bordering Blue to create my background (on both front & back). I had a scrap piece of gold lamay cardstock which I used behind these adorable bunnies! Using Prismacolor Premier Brush Tip Markers, I've colored my images then cut them out with my Fiskars swivel craft knife. I've popped up the mittens next to my sentiment and used Offray metallic ribbon for the top.

*************
I wanted to share this beautiful old bell ornament that came from my husband's (Mark) family tree. It has been around since the early 1950's and Mark says he always remembers it being on the tree ... towards the top where the smaller ornaments were supposed to be.

At my house we put all different sized ornaments all over the tree ... at Mark's house, the ornaments were placed according to their size ... smallest on the top, largest around the bottom. Of course, we always had FRESH Christmas trees when we were growing up and there were usually "gaps" that needed filling in ... that's when the BIG ornaments came into play!!

I have more ornaments and stories to share over the next week. Hope you enjoy them! I would love to hear your comments ... tell me what your fondest tree ornament or decorating story might be. After all, holiday time is a time of sharing ... that means memories & stories too! I look forward to hearing from you ... or if you leave a story on your blog ... please direct me that way and I would LOVE to check it out!! Happy Day my friends!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags, Darlene! I gotta get hopping! Didn't get any stamping done yesterday--too much going on!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day--it actually dipped down to 31 degrees here in our part of California---so much frost on everything it almost looks like snow! BRRRRRR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I simply adore your tags. You know that your vintage is my favorite! That music paper is just perfect for the Santa tag.
    YOur second one is precious too!
    I loved reading the story of your bell. We were married on Dec. 7, so we bought our first ornaments on our honeymoon. My favorite is a pickle, legend has it that you hide the pickle in the tree and the person to find it will receive a new year of luck and we always have a little present for that person too!
    Hugs..
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, thank you for taking me back to my happiest childhood memories.
    Festive holidays were always special in our house. X-mass tree ornaments were old but beautiful...
    Mostly "inherited" from grandparents and few relatives.

    Top of the tree was always adorned with a large silver glistering star.
    This star, sparkling in the light of just few candles, held me captivated for hours!!

    I can remember almost all of the ornaments (which btw were kept in special box and in special hiding spot, well away
    from little fingers!! lol)

    ...and how unfortunate we had to leave old/vintage things like these behind when we packed up and moved to this country.

    wishing you and yours happy holidays.

    Blessings

    marie J'

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOve, love your tags!! You should have joined in the Tim Holtz tag contest!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.