Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Penny's Challenge (PC16)

Yippee ... it's time for another Penny's Challenge and today we're doing a COLOR CHALLENGE.
Before going any further, I want to bring it to your attention that beginning in December, Penny will be doing her challenges on a bi-weekly shedule.


After looking through my designer papers ... I decided the Basic Grey June Bug papers worked the best for this color combination. I've also used SU Brillant Blue, More Mustard and Close to Cocoa cardstocks. My main image is by Sugarloaf and I purchased it for $.50 a LONG time ago at Pat Catan's.




I recently had the pleasure of being offered various sets of the new Prismacolor PREMIER Markers and that is what I've chosen to color with today along with a little "paper piecing". My sentiment is by Great Impressions and it is stamped with Versafine Black ink.


I wanted to show you the inside of my card today too. Unfortunately, I don't always share that aspect of my creations with you and that's something I need to do more often. Mind you, I don't typically get too elaborate with the inside but I will try to share them with you here and there!

For the inside of today's card, I've used the remainder of the designer paper I cut for the front main panel then simply stamped my sentiment next to it. Didn't do much ... but I think it really has an impact on the overall creation.

Please stop by the blogs of my co-team members (listed in my sidebar) for additional inspiration on this color challenge and we can't wait to see what you create. Be sure to link your creation back to our Challenge Blog on Mr. Linky so I can pay you a visit and see what you've come up with. Trust me ... I can ALWAYS use new inspiration!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the inside too!
    You have a great day hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. I love that you decorated the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color use, Darlene! Such a cute image and your use of Brilliant Blue is inspiring for someone who's never even pulled out a piece from my folder. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Darlene! Another fabulous creation, my friend! Love that quilted dp--perfect for a friendship card! And you finished the inside in such a lovely way--you're such a clever girl! Hope your having a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Darlene!! Love your card. And all those cards that you will be selling at your sister's shoppe. Great ideas.
    Hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene you aced these colors girl, fantastic work GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dar. What a beautiful card. The prisma markers really make the image stand out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dp. I love my Granny's quilts and this reminds me of those. your image is darling. you really scored for the home team here, ladybug! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely ADORE this one Darlene! Am loving this color challenge, and I realllllllly like your patchwork background! It is so perfect with the girls' dresses!! Great distressing and other details too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Lovely! You ROCKED the challenge color! Fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I adore the quilted look and the way you carried on with the inside of the card. Your cards always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene
    I lurvvvvvvvvvvvvve this card and the backingpaper is gorgeous...love what you have done with it...
    This card is super gorgeous!!!
    Hugs Alison.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.