Friday, September 4, 2009

A "Fairy" Simple Post ...




I've always been intrigued with "silouette images" and couldn't wait to design with this awesome digital stamp. This digi was created by Stitchy Stamps (Kathy) and is available at Digital-Ink Co.



Being a silouette, my first instinct was to stick with the basic Black & White layout with a pop of color ... for instance Red as I have used here. OR maybe Teal, Purple, Lime Green ... well, you get the picture! After laying out my pieces, I didn't like ALL the black & white so I added the red flourishes to the striped designer paper.






NOW for something a wee bit different using the same Fairy2 Silouette image by Stitchy Stamps. I put this together from pieces out of my scrapbasket. Although you can't see it very well, I've used my Creative Memories Decorative Cutter for the background designer paper to give it a little more movement. Again, I didn't like the solid black color so stamped a flourish onto it with Stazon White to mimic the wings of the silouette. The white Nestabilites oval had been sponged with orange for a different project but was put aside at that point in time and works perfectly for what I was trying to achieve here!!



Using my trusty Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife, I cut around my silouette image before attaching with dimensional tape ... in my mind, it kind of gives you the illusion she's walking out of a mist ... can you see it????? I used a Martha Stewart floral punch with another scrap of designer paper to create my embellishments. I can't wait to see what else I can come up with using this digital stamp.



Well, that's it for today! Ooh wait ... please be sure to check back on Monday, Sept. 7th (I know it's a holiday but stamping continues on ... hahaha!) for the very FIRST challenge on the Digital-Ink Co. Challenge Blog. I'll be there ... hope you are too!!

Have a WONDERUL, FUN-FILLED, RELAXING weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful! I love both cards. I can tell you used the CM decorative cutter. I love the white Staz on with the black.
    LOVE it!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh these are both beautiful, the second card is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, was quick to ink up that fairy. Love it! =) Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat image, and I love, love, love the color choices you used...they're both great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Darlene these are great!! What a cool fairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Kim on those cards. Breathtaking! And that digi is beautiful.You knew just what to do with it. The first one is super fantastic the second one is awesomely amazing !

    I hope you have a fun filled weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding!! I have never used an image like that and these are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! love how they both look so different with the different color combinations! Great job---love the cool silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous digital image. Its so different from the usual ones I see. I love how you used. Love those red, black and white primas and the red flourishes in the first card, and the colors of the second one are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Darlene, the image is so striking. You certainly caught the essence of the fairy world!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.