Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #9



It's time for another MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE over on the "priscillastyles" blog. I have come to really look forward to doing this challenge because they are usually a little more "detailed" than I'm used to doing and that really does "challenge" me!!




This week I decided to pick one of my Basic Grey paper packs and "go from there". This is the "Ambrosia" pack and it's not one I usually reach for ... so that made it even more fun! My main image is by Inkadinkado, was stamped with Versafine Black and embossed using Detail Clear Embossing Powder. I've used Gelly Roll "Stardust" pens to color in the butterfly and SU watercolor pencils to color the flower. My side button embellishments are from a Bucket O'Buttons and I've used Michael's gold metallic elastic cording for the threading as well as for the antenna's on the butterfly (see close up view).
Well, I had fun creating today and I hope you did too! If you haven't taken the time to check out this challenge blog ... please jump on over there right now!! Not only are they fun sketches to do each week but the prizes and "money" they are giving away is nothing short of AMAZING!! Happy Day to All!!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors on the papers and how you colored those butterflies - Thank YOU! Thank you for playing a Midnight Madness and see you again soon.

    Jane MMDT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, you are so sweet. Thank you for your kind word on your post today. As always, your cards just blow me away :) Your second picture really shows off your beautiful details. You really worked the sketch well and I like your metallic cording..Id looks great in the picture and I can only imagine is even prettier in person. Thank you so much for playing with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge..I always love seeing your name pop up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Darlene. The image is colored beautifully and I love your DP (haven't even used any of mine yet) and the butons are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, just stunning!! What more can I say? That is a perfect card.

    Thank you for playing with us at the MMSC this week.

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, your cards are always gorgeous and this one is no exception! Beautifully put together. I just adore that butterfly on the flower and the colors...wow!
    I so look forward to seeing your work.
    Glad you are feeling challenged!!
    Keep them coming!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, Dar! The butterfly on the ambrosia paper is such a nice background for your amazing butterfly! Thanks for playing this week and being a regular, xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card for the MMSC#9. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! The image and papers are just perfect together. Simply stunning! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Darlene!! Love your butterfly. The dp and design is perfect!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.