Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Color Throwdown #50

WOW ... I can't believe we are already on #50 for the Color Throwdown Challenge. It seems like just "yesterday" when my friend Tammy Hershberger (Stamp Happy) told me about this new challenge blog! Way to go ladies ... each & every challenge is more fun than the last!!!! Today, Broni Holcombe (Splashes of Watercolor), is our hostess and has come up with a great color combination! What do you think of these colors???

While going through some of my "HUGE" collection of designer paper, I thought this piece of Stampin' Up "Pink Flamingo" was a good starting point for my creation since it already had two of the three colors required. My sentiment panel was cut using Nestabilities "oval" & "scallop oval" dies and the sentiment is by Endless Creations. It looked like it needed just a little "something" so I used my Inkadinkado butterflies to add a little movement to my card. My sentiment panel was also popped with dimensional tape and my red grosgrain ribbon is by Offray.



Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my creations. I hope I have been able to share inspiration to someone out there in blogland!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a great color combo. Your card is so bright and fun. And I so understand the "HUGE" dp stash. Dang I love paper, and I just can't seem to pass any of it by! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! love that DP! Very nice, bright and cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy card!! Great job of blending these colors together and I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterflies are the perfect final touch! I too had to laugh at a huge DP stash - guilty as charged! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that paper, Darlene, and I LOVE your butterfly silhouettes! So glad you could play along with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty, Darlene!! That paper was indeed a great starting place! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great DP - seems like it was made for this challenge! This card has such a peaceful encouraging feel to it! Just like it's maker : ) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack! What I wouldn't have done for a piece of that paper for this challenge! It's fabulous and perfect with these colors and your cute card!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.