Friday, July 3, 2009

Catching Up on Challenges ...

I have had out of town company the past few days so I'm a little behind on my card making & posting! My Toledo, OH company has returned home and now we are awaiting the arrival of our Pittsburgh, PA company. WHAT FUN!!!! With DH's illness, it seems like it's been SO LONG since we've been able to entertain friends & family ... sure feels good to see Mark enjoying their company too!!! I will have some photos to share in a separate posting.

Anyways ... on to my cards.




For today's STAMP SIMPLY #94 - Stars & Stripes Challenge, I have used my recently purchased stamp set by Flourishes. This set is called Patriotism on Parade and with every set they sell, Flourishes is making a donation to the Wounded Warrior program. If for no other reason than that, I felt I needed to make this purchase.



Please be sure to pop on over to Sharon's blog and check out all the details on this challenge. Also, you'll want to be sure and jump on over to her Design Team ladies blogs to be inspired by their works-of-art!!


This creation was certainly done in Stamp Simply fashion! The only stamps used were those mentioned above and the other details on this card are as follows:
Papers: Real Red, DCWV designer paper
Inks: Versafine Black, Versamark
Accessories: Fiskars decal scissors, PKGlitz embossing glitter, dimensional tape, swivel craft knife.


*************


This first card was for yesterday's Color Throwdown Challenge hosted by my dear friend Tammy Hershberger (Stamp Happy) and what a great color combo she has given us to play with. Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky ... probably three colors I would not have put together myself but I certainly like how this came together!! Here are the items used for this creation:



Stamps: Endless Creations (purchased at Tammy's Store - Toyrifix) & AMuse
Papers: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocoate Chip & SU Groovy Guava designer Paper
Inks: Chocolate Chip & Groovy Guava
Accessories: SU Eyelet border punch, Stampendous Dot Sparklers, dimensional tape, Michael's brown satin ribbon, sponge applicator


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by & see what I've been up to! Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend and much as I am!!

5 comments:

  1. Those patriotic kids on parade and so cute, and your Throwdown card is beautiful!!! Glad you had a nice visit with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work as always Darlene! Happy 4th! - Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spirit of your 4th of July card! Don't you just want to watch that parade come down the street? Your color throwdown card is just lovely! I love those silhouette flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, this card is one of the best I've ever seen you make!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the new Flourish's set, and the colors of the second card are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.