Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #4


Now THIS was a REAL challenge for me and seemed to take me FOREVER before I was finally happy with the "pieces" to this card! Although I have to say I cheated a little on the main image frame work.



Have you checked out this new weekly sketch challenge over on "priscillastyles" blog??? It's called MIDNIGHT MADNESS and this is Week 4! They are not only unique sketches but this challenge offers awesome candy & other goodies! PLEASE do yourself a favor and check it out!!!




My main image is from a CD of vinage images I purchase online through EBay. Behind my black picture frame, this image is double matted in red, then turquoise to coordinate with the colors in the picture ... I told you I was having a hard time with this one!! LOL!!
The card base is SU Very Vanilla which has been stamped with a swirly stamp by Inkadinkado in Ranger Vintage Photo ink and sponged with the same ink. That same swirl image was also used on the Garden Green panels ... stamped with Versamark Frost and embossed with Silver Pearls embossing powder. Fiskars decal scissors have been used on the green panel edges. The flowers are Bazzill paper flowers and the gold centers are from Michael's. I've used a gold Pilot marker to make the edging, corner straps & dots on my Basic Black Nestabilities diecut frame.
When I finally had my card front done & put together, I noticed SEVERAL smears of ink on the back cover ...UUuugh!! TOLD YOU I WAS HAVING TROUBLE ... Anyways, I cut the card front off ... cut a smidge off of all sides and mounted it to a Basic Black card. Now that my creation is completed, I'm happy with it even though it gave me a very hard time coming together. I hope you like it too!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.