Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cuttlebug Border Fun

Hello friends! I would like to warn you in advance that this will probably be a lengthy post. I have 4 cards to share with you and since they are all dealing with the Cuttlebug Border Embossing Folder technique, I wanted to show them all together. Let's get started.


The Cuttlebug "border" embossing folders come 4-5 in a pack and are of various widths. The ones I have used on today's cards are the larger (wider) folders from 2/3 different packs. I have used SU whisper white cardstock to do all my embossing. Two cards I kept at A-2 size and the other two I have used the A-2 size as the fronts for A-6 sized cards.



On my first card I have used the floral scroll folder which I have run through the Cuttlebug twice ... once for each side then used chalk and a makeup applicator for coloring. The center panel was created by using a scrap piece of SU pink pirouette cs and this adorable image from the Crafty Secrets "Little Dolls" booklet. The sentiment is also Crafty Secrets but it comes from the "Garden Girls" stamp set. I stamped the sentiment using SU Blue Bayou ink and the pink swiss dot ribbon is from Michaels. To achieve the frilly edge on the image, I've used Fiskars decal scissors. (click for closer look)




My second card is a very simple design in which I've used the branch style embossing folder. My coloring was achieved by using red and green chalks along with the Ranger Cut-n-Dry pen nibs (brush tip). I've added more dimension but using my Scor-Pal to add the scored lines on either side of the embossing. My image & sentiment are from Our Daily Bread and was stamped with Versafine black ink. Unfortuately my sentiment is a little crooked so I'll be keeping this card as a sample and make another for sending. You understand I'm sure!!!




For my third card (A-6 in size), I chose another floral designed border and scored with my Scor-Pal. The only coloring on this embossing is the use of a fine tip black marker for the centers of the flowers. My base card is SU Garden Green cs. I have cut an extra strip of whisper white cs which I punched using the Martha Stewart floral border punch and added to the bottom of my A-2 panel. I then ran a length of Darice deep green satin ribbon at the connecting point. My little girl image is from Rubber Cottage and the sentiment is by Stamping Sensations. After stamping my image using Versafine black ink, I've colored it using SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen. The sentiment was stamped with SU Garden Green ink. (click for a closer look)



Now for my last card. I have used the Swiss Dot border embossing folder. I use my A-2 size Swiss Dot folder all the time but never think to use this border folder for those smaller touches. Here is another A-2 size front I have turned into an A-6 size card. (This card will be going out to a blogger friend who will be celebrating a special birthday this week. She & I have never met, but she has been so thoughtful throughout my DH illness and sent me emails packed full of information that helped me along the way.) My base card and embossed panel are Whisper White. The mat panel is SU Tempting Turquoise and the matching ribbon is Darice satin edge organza. My butterfly image is by Inkadinkado and after stamping with versafine black, I've used my new PKGlitz embossing glitter. If you click on either image, you can get a better idea of how that looks. My sentiment is by AMuse and was stamped using SU Tempting Turquoise ink. I've also done just a touch of paper piercing on the two corners for added texture.
Well, there you have it. A little fun using the Cuttlebug Embossing Border Folders. Hope you like them! Have a great day!!

3 comments:

  1. I love these. Being fairly new to scrapbooking and card making, you have given me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. Cuttlebug, these are sooper! We gave my 86 year old papercrafting mom a cuttlebug for mom's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.