Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Crafty Secrets "You're My Inspiration" Challenge #67


Today Lori Lynn Washburn (aka Lucy) is hosting the Crafty Secrets Challenge over on the SCS forum. Lori's clues yesterday where quite interesting and even included a song clip from a Chicago song. GREAT clues but I still "Didn't Get It". Only today when she posted the actual challenge did I get the connection and what an awesome challenge idea. Please jump over to the challenge through the link and check it out ... you won't regret it ... it's an awesome group of talented ladies!



What I found as "my inspiration" today was Mother Nature herself. While Mark & I sat eating breakfast we enjoyed watching the birds at the feeder (cardinals, bluejays, chickadees, gold finch & robins on the ground) as well as the squirrels trying to get into the feeder. There was also a Mama rabbit searching for a place to nest to give birth to her babies. Doesn't look like I'll be cutting the grass under the bird feeders any time soon ... that's where she chose to build a nest.


Looking outdoors in the springtime is so uplifting for me. I love seeing everything turning so freshly green ... flowering trees all a bloom ... and the beauty of spring flowers sprinkled around to add that touch of color we've all been waiting for after a long white winter.



Card ingredients include:
Stamps: Crafty Secrets (Bird Notes)
Paper: Crafty Secrets (Earthy) dp, SU River Rock, Blue Bayou & Very Vanilla
Ink: Versafine Black, SU Blue Bayou
Accessories: Crafty Secrets Image from the Birds & Botanicals Booklet, Nestabilities (rectangles), SU double stitched Blue Bayou grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart branch punch, dimensional tape, detail clear ep, Fiskar decal scissors


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!!


--------------------------------


Edit to add another card for this challenge.




Another inspiration today came in the form of a kindness sent to me by another Crafty Secrets lover. A couple of days ago I received a card of encouragement from "a friend" and it included this image, sentiment and border. She cleverly noticed I didn't own this set and honored me with the basis for this card.


I am always inspired by my new found friends and am in awe of their generosity. This is not the first "encouragement gift" I have received and I really should share them ALL with you! As I have more time at home, maybe I can do just that!


My card base is Pretty in Pink with a Crafty Secrets Earthy designer paper matted in basic black as my second panel. The image is from the Crafty Secrets "Home Sweet Home" set and I've colored it using SU watercolor pencils & a blender pen. I used Fiskars decal scissors around the sentiment and matted all panels with basic black. The pink pearls are by Mark Richards and the flowers by Prima. This was quick & easy and I LOVE the outcome! Looks like my "California Friend" is also an enabler ... this set is going on my wishlist now. Hope you like it!!

5 comments:

  1. Both of these are great! Hoping I can find a spare moment to play this week! Glad things are going ok...... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, but my favorite is the birds, the way the colors go together, the images, your coloring - lovely my dear, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! I love how you incorporated two images in the first one. And I love the second card. That set is on my wish list. I'm so happy that my local scrapbooking store started carrying Crafty Secrets now. I've bought a lot of new sets and can't wait to use them. I'll have to join you gals back on SCS now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage elegance of the first one... love the bright colors and Primas on the second one! Fabulous designs, Dar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dar, we are lucky ladies to have the blog community, I share your sentiments! One time, I left a comment on a lady's blog about a beautiful card and the next week it was in my mailbox!

    Love both of these cards by the way! With all you've had going on, it amazes me how much you get done and how beautiful your work is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.