Sunday, March 22, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge



Here is the card I made for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge which was a sketch challenge.



Sorry if this photo's not the best ... it was taken with my phone and imported to my new laptop which is NOT compatible with my camera (Canon G3 ... old technology).



My image is by Impression Obsession and I've used a premade A-6 ivory card, mauve cs, mellow moss, regal rose and DCWV dp. I used my new SU border punch to punch the corners of the designer paper. My image was colored with watercolor pencils and American Crafts pens. My ribbon is Offray and I decided to add a little sparkle with mauve Stickles at the corners and on my main image.



Here is another card I took the time to make today. I puchased a set of embossing folders by Sizzix at Archiver's yesterday and was curious how they would work in my Cuttlebug.
They worked just fine but you had to be careful because they are a little thicker plastic than the ones by Cuttlebug. Still ... I liked this pattern and it was on sale! My image is by Inkadinkado and it too was a recent purchase that I was anxious to put ink to!! I forgot to write down all the details of this card so if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll get you the answers.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!! Tomorrow started DH's extensive chemo prior to the transplant so we'll be at Cleveland Clinic each day this week. Please keep him in your prayers ... this is going to be a rough week!!

6 comments:

  1. The pictures look perfect Mom! I hope all goes well this week. I will continue to pray for both of you. Oh by the way...the cards look great too...Gram will love the fancy lady in the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful, but I really love your Lottie card, she looks beautiful! You and I have a lot of the same papers and images (I have this Lottie stamp). :)

    Continued prayers for the both of you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful, elegant cards Darlene! I love them both! I'm so happy, happy, happy you got a laptop and you can still communicate with your on-line friends! You'll need that in the difficult days ahead. Your STILL in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE my laptop -- and I know you will LOVE yours too! Your phone picture is SO good! I may have to try that! So - you have been playing with some new purchases. I'm glad to see one of those sizzix emobossing folders -- been wondering if they would work good. Love both your cards, especially the embossed one! Been keeping you in my prayers, my friend. This week especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful cards, and I can't believe you took that pic with your phone! I have a Canon Rebel EOS, and sometimes I take much worse pictures!

    I've been keeping you both in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. I love the brad accents. Fabulous job on the sketch challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.