Monday, September 1, 2008

RAKs for new friends!

A friend of mine over on the Crafty Secrets forum (Pammyjo) was kind enough to set up a thread on SCS - Crafty Secrets forum asking the other ladies to make cards to be sent to my dear husband, Mark. Mark is fighting the same fight that SO MANY others are fighting ... of course I'm speaking of cancer! Fortunately for Mark, his cancer type is Hodgkins Lymphoma and after extended treatment, he should be okay (we pray). He has already undergone 9 chemo treatments and has at least 7 more to go (and possibly more). I have no doubt he will be thrilled with the outpouring of well wishes these ladies will provide.

In the process of doing this, Pammyjo has asked us to please take the time and make a card for a couple guys who are near & dear to her heart. First is her friend, Bill who is fighting cancer and could really use a little "boost". This is the card I have made for Bill. I hear he likes the beach so I thought maybe a lighthouse would be appropriate!! (You know how hard it is to make a "guy" card ... especially when you don't really know the guy!!). Hope he likes it and it makes him smile!!




Another request from Pammyjo was for her nephew, Shawn who is stationed SOMEWHERE in Iraq. Location can not be disclosed. He misses his wife and family and could really use our support to remember that we are thinking and praying for our boys & girls who are fighting this ugly war to keep our freedom here in the USA! This is the card I made for Shawn. Hopefully soon, he and his lovely wife will be able to sit upon a mountain top and just enjoy the wind in their hair and the sun on their faces! God Speed Shawn!!!




7 comments:

  1. Darlene,

    These are beautiful cards! I am sure they will be appreciated and treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thoughtful cards! Love the extra touches you gave to your lighthouse to create that beachy feel! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty cards. I love the one by the beach especially.

    I would love to send your husband a card if you want to email your address to me. My email is scrappinmominky@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards, love the images!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great Darlene - the lighthouse is perfect (a symbol of hope as well as the beach) and the mountain top scene looks perfect. I'm hoping to get to mine today or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice cards... I love lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! Since Mark is so supportive of your "addiction" I'm sure he will be appreciative of the thoughts these cards will contain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.