Thursday, September 18, 2008

Howling at the Moon!


I am SO THRILLED with the outcome of this card!!

Over on SCS, the Wednesday Technique was SWIPED WIPE. This sounded interesting so I knew I wanted to give it a try but didn't get the chance on Wednesday. On Thursday, the "Ways to Use It" challenge was SILHOUETTES, another interesting idea but didn't get time to play! I thought about these two challenges over night and decided this morning that after my 8:00 a.m. doctor's appointment I was coming home and putting these two ideas together on one card!
The "swipe wipe" technique was easy! Since I just received my "Nature Silhouettes" set yesterday, I knew it was the one to use!!! The hardest part was doing a layout that would really focus on the silhouette and not be too "busy". After trying several different ideas, and this is what I came up with!
The recipe for this card is as follows:
Stamps - SU Nature Silhouettes, Stampscapes
Paper - Duplex hunter green/ivory cs, old olive, basic black, glossy white
Ink - Palette Noir Black, Reinkers: blue bayou, rose romance, summer sun & old olive
Other - Offray olive satin ribbon, paper piercer, baby wipe, Nestabilities, lg. sponge pod
Thanks for stopping by!! Please let me know what you think of my work ... good & bad!! There is ALWAYS room for improvement!!

14 comments:

  1. That is a really great background. It really gives me the feeling of that dusk hour of the day... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the colors in this card! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background on your card!!!! Awesome job you did!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Darlene your background is fantastic. I tried this and failed miserably! lol great card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your swipe background. I love the colors together. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have been wanting this set, now even more! I love how it all comes together.....perfect!
    Thank you for the nice comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great card! This is the perfect image for this technique, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely, Darlene. Awesome backgound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! I love the contrast of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. Darlene
    your background is fab!!!
    I love your card!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are beautiful! You are a inspiration to me. Now that I am working four days a week I am finding time to stamp difficult...too tired!

    I will try to do one of your challenges soon...

    Thanks for the help with my blog, too. I still have to do that, also!

    Thanks for being a friend...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely beautiful. What else is there to say?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving all those lovely comments. I put your blog on my blog list also. I have visited your blog before, but didn't leave comments because I left comments on splitcoast. I agree with you that you really get to know a person better by their blog. Even my daughter, who I'm very close with, says she is seeing another side of me through my writing on my blog. I really love this technique on this wolf card you made. I have yet to do this challenge. It can be so hard trying to keep up on all the challenges on splitcoast and the blogs I follow. But its fun. I love this image though! Its on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You SHOULD be happy with how this turned out! It's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.