Sunday, August 31, 2008

Meet my neighbors!



This is the Adkins family (Daddy - Phil, Mommy - Christine, big sister - Olivia and little sister - Emily) and what a great family and neighbors they are!!! While posting some of my new cards, I looked out the window and saw my little neighbor girls (just home from church), outside in their matching dresses watering the flowers and just had to run over and get a few photos. These two little ones ALWAYS bring a smile to my face!

The girls like to stop over and say Hi to my husband Mark because they know he's sick and "needs cheered up" (as Emily would say). After they sing their little song, or do their little dance for Mark ... the next comment is "can we have licorice?" They know that anytime they stop in they get to take either a little bag of mini marshmellows or licorice back home with them. Of course, they have to check with Mommy before they eat any because they may not have had their dinner yet and have to wait until later. Anytime they are out and see me open my garage door ... they come right over to say hello and that ALWAYS makes my day!!! How wonderful it is to have such wonderful people right next door!


While walking back to my house, I spotted this monarch butterfly on the bush at the front of our house. I quickly reopened my camera and took a quick shot. The wind was blowing but I'm happy with how this photo turned out! There seems to have been more butterflies this year and I'm so glad to see that!! We always had a lot of butterflies in my father's flower garden when I was a young girl and it just brings back so many happy thoughts of those "days gone by" when I see them now in MY flower gardens. Dad has been gone nearly 20 years now ... but he passed on his love of gardening to me and for that I am so thankful ... maybe he sent this butterfly to me today just to remind me how beautiful God's creations are! Thanks Dad!!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.