Friday, August 22, 2008

Stampfest Saturday!

I'm so excited . . . I am getting together with a few stamping friends I know (and a few more I haven't met yet) in Wadsworth, Ohio tomorrow for an all day stampfest!! Everyone is bringing a project to share and snacks to eat! I'll be sure to take some pics to share with you next week.

I tossed several ideas back and forth, trying to come up with something that I thought maybe these ladies hadn't already done or tried (NOT an easy task!). So, after tossing around several ideas I came up with the bright idea to make "holiday postcards". There are always those folks that you'd like to drop a note to but never take the time to make that "special card" and get it mailed . . . and with postage going up, I thought a postcard was the answer.


Also I wanted to show the ladies how easy it is to emboss your image and sponge out around it using these really cool sponge pods I found at Pat Catans (look like marshmellows, huh!). I made up a pkg. for each lady with 3-lg. & 5-sm. pods. The large pod works great for the moon . . . perfect size!! I'm using my new Inkadinkado stamps purchased through my friend Tammy at Toyrifix. These are so awesome ... they can choose between Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If they would rather make a full size A2 card, they can just cut their image down a little and it will fit nicely on a card ... then add whatever embellishments they choose. This should be great fun and I'll be sure to share all my new ideas with you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have an great time. I am looking forward to seeing the "treats" you all make. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a shared project, Dar! I hope everyone liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.