Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Spoooooky Sketch


This is my card for today's sketch challenge over at SCS. I flipped the sketch because I really wanted to use this image I just purchased from my friend Tammy's store (Toyrifix) over in Smithville, OH. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to do a Halloween card with this image. And the fact that I've had this bat covered scrapbook paper in my stash for ages, was a sure sign of what was to come!


After stamping my image with Versafine and embossing, I used a small sponge pod to sponge on the SU pumpkin pie ink in a swirling motion. Then, I got the bright idea to use a large sponge pod and ink in a moon using summer sun yellow. I liked how it looked but felt it needed a little extra so I added a couple pieces of Halloween wired ribbon I bought at Michael's last year and using a ZIG marker, colored a few dew drops to match in. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. What do you think???


Recipe for this card:
Stamps: Inkadinkado (halloween trails)
Paper: basic black, whisper white, pumpkin pie, The Paper Patch designer paper
Ink: versafine black, pumpkin pie, summer sun
Accessories: clear ep, Michael's wired ribbon, dew drops, orange ZIG marker, small & large sponge pods


3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool looking card! Great image. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just turned out so COOL! I love the way the colors turned out around the main image! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.