Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An OLYMPIC sized challenge!

Sarah (stampntxn) over on the Stampin' D'Amour blog has challenged us to make a card or ATC with either of the following themes: China or Your favorite Olympic sport. Since I don't have much stash in the "sports" line, I chose to go with CHINA as my theme.

Being "obsessed" as I am, I was thinking about what to do for the challenge half the night! Since it was on my mind, and I had an idea forming, I just had to get up and put it together. The bg paper is from the DCWV (Far East) stack pack and worked perfectly. The twigs & bird image is by Stampendous and to me it has an Asian flare so thought it would work nicely with the dp. The glossy black frame is actually the negative which was cut using my rectangular Nestabilities. The positive portion of this was used on another project. (Can't waste those scraps.) The gems are Hero Arts, the ribbon is from Michaels and the sentiment is actually a Christmas sentiment by Stampendous.

The fan was an after-thought! As I was photographing, I thought it needed a little something "more" ... this scrap piece of red vellum which was already punched, using Martha Stewart's doily lace border punch, was laying on my work table and was just what I needed to create a fan.


8 comments:

  1. Great job on your card, Darlene. That DCWV mat pack is one of my favorites, too. So glad you could join in on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. thanks for coming by my blog and saying hello! You do beautiful work.. and I see CS products! yay!
    oh.. and your petunias .... stunning! Mine look nothing like that with this NE heat lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! You have blog awards, come see my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that fan~ you are hot today Darlene! Love your vibrant color too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is sooooooooo beautiful Darlene. Keep them coming.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Dar! I love all the little details you add to your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.