Saturday, August 9, 2008

Holiday Owl

Here is another stamp set I purchased at Toyrifix recently. It is also by Inkadinkado and it's their new Christmas images. I found this owl to be very intriguing so I used it to make a card for today's Limited Supplies challenge over on the Our Creative Corner blog. The challenge was to use NO designer paper and a maximum of FOUR layers.

After stamping and embossing the image, I used a small sponge pod and in a swirling motion, applied Soft Sky ink for the background. So as not to have too many layers, I used my CM black marker and edged the image to give it a "layer look" on the white matting. The background panels of Soft Sky were pierced and a line drawn through to give it a "stitched" affect. Added a few Prima flowers and there you have it! OOooopps ... wait a minute! Anyone who knows me, know I don't like "empty" space ... so added a little swirl using white craft ink in the corners and THEN it was complete!!

4 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful card, Darlene! I love that snowy owl and you have used it to your best advatage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this owl stamp! It's a beautiful card too! Off to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect colors - great layout to show off the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* OMGosh, that's beautiful Darlene! I'm so glad I ordered that stamp set so you could buy it and make amazing cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.